Is there a limit?

Munster

Is there a limit?

Post by Munster » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:32 pm

Just wondering if there is a limited number of litters or times you can announce litters before GDF should get payed. Seems some people have a litter to announce just about every month?
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

gittrdonebritts

Re: Is there a limit?

Post by gittrdonebritts » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:13 pm

should be

Winchey

Post by Winchey » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:16 pm

Not sure, but the site may recieve more traffic due to the advertised litters from prospective puppy buyers who may buy things from Gun-dog Supply.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:47 pm

I'm not sure if I have a problem with the number of litters, but I feel they should either be your litter (as in owning the female), or a referral breeding from your stud dog being used. (Edited for redundant thought.)
Last edited by wems2371 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Munster

Post by Munster » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:03 pm

I have a problem with number of litters, or at least number of free announcements.. I would sure hate this to become a puppy mill advertisement site.
I also agree with it should be your litter or some how related to your stud to be listed. Looks to much like brokerages going on.
I also agree it isnt that hard to make an account here and put your own ads on.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:22 pm

Some people, believe it or not, don't have internet. And, what gives anyone the right to call someone a puppy mill?

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:21 pm

Munster wrote:I would sure hate this to become a puppy mill advertisement site.
For the most part I see well bred litters on this site.
Munster wrote:Looks to much like brokerages going on.
Why do you feel some are brokering ?

Munster

Post by Munster » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:32 pm

Hmmmm,whom exactly did I call a puppy mill? .................That's what I thought :wink:

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:24 am

From what I have seen there are very few litters advertised here that are from people who don't frequent this site and participate in helping other members. Just like eBay you can check a sellers feedback by reading their previous posts. Are they known for helping members or selling litters? The one I think you are referring to has been around a long time and has helped many people. And that should give him the right to the free advertisement in my opinion.

Hattrick

Post by Hattrick » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:31 am

I think the ads them selfs separate the good from the bad. Its alot esperence people on bored here that no pedigrees and test venees. Its not luck that some litters sell faster than others. It is alot of coat tall riders tho that try to be breeders.

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:56 am

grant wrote:May 1, 2004 at 8am.
Located in Armurchee, GA

N.W. GA Quail Unlimited Training seminar featuring Rick and Brenda Hopkins!

See More Information at http://www.cherokeehunting.com

Don't miss this one! Known nationally for their German Shorthairs, Rick and Brenda Hopkins are revealing some of their top training strategies with you. Venture includes: 4hr. training session with Rick Hopkins & Brenda Roe - Steak lunch with all the trimmings
Price: $50
+1

Doug

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:52 am

So why is such a concern for you? Many pups have been sold from these adds. I bought 2 myself no make that three.

I also re homed rescused dogs here as well.

Whats your concern? Who do you feel is a puppy mill? You mentioned it after all or folks wouldnt be asking you about it.

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:27 am

markj wrote:So why is such a concern for you?...Many pups have been sold from these adds...Whats your concern?...Who do you feel is a puppy mill?
Agreed

Obviously many do not understand www marketing and "hits" and "traffic monitoring", etc. GDF does a great job of monitoring ads and asking for reciprocity ads/links placed on sites who advertise here. There is a great advantage to having those ads/posts here for the GDF/Gun Dog Supply advertisers. They see more hits, they want to advertise more. So if some feel there should be limits, that your opinion - go start your own bbd.

As stated earlier the ads sort themselves out. The individuals who are staples here know how and when to market - and market QUALITY. Those who are here to fly-by, to sell a gadget/animal - will NOT last. I also feel we should NOT have to ask the poster to "add more information" to a for sale post. Let those die their own slow death. THAT will wean them out.

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:03 am

Ms. Cage wrote:
Munster wrote:Looks to much like brokerages going on.
Why do you feel some are brokering ?
+1

lowerGSP

Post by lowerGSP » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:57 am

I know i dont post on here much but on here all the time reading on the wealth of information. The only issue i see is the person coming in here with one post announcing his/her litter. Not going to lie though, love looking at those puppy pictures :D

Winchey

Post by Winchey » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:07 pm

I'm not sure why a breeder who doesn't want to spout their opinion all over the internet should be excluded from advertising their litter on here. There are a lot of quality breeders out there that don't want to. If there is a quality litter, I hope it gets advertised on here. I think people should be able to hire a social media marketer or have a friend do it for them as well. Just keep it in the appropriate index category, that's what it is for.

As far as GDF charging for it, if it makes sense to do so they can go for it. Although Kijiji and Craigs list seem to be doing very well with their free classafieds.

Hattrick

Post by Hattrick » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:03 pm

I feel like this, the best trainers and best breeders arent the biggest posters on these kinda forums. Why becouse they dont hsve time to post becouse of training and working on a quailty breeding program success in these areas dont come from posting and arguing on forums. Im glad they take the time to post here, we can learn alot from them and even reap the benefits from buying or looking at there pedigrees. I like seeing whats out there and whats going on. You can tell real fast whos legit an who isnt in the dogs wanted forum

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:42 pm

The amount of sale ads or who's posting them Is really irrelevant. There's not a requirement that uninterested people need to visit the for sale section. Even those that are inclined to have the option not to open certain threads.