Dog box: 2-hole vs. 3-hole & compartment size?

bawloffire

Dog box: 2-hole vs. 3-hole & compartment size?

Post by bawloffire » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:50 am

The dogs in my kennel consist of Beagles, GWP & GSP. I am in the process of ordering a new dog box. I plan on using this box in the back of my truck and also on my 5' x 8' trailer so I can pull it behind my car. Should I go with a two stall or three stall box? What dimensions do you feel are adequate for the each compartment? I would like it so it will fit in the back of any full size truck. I am leaning towards something in the 45" x 42" wtih top storage but could go bigger if it made sense. Below is a picture of a box I am looking at. Thanks for any help and insight you can provide. Also, if you have any do's and do nots or must have options that I am overlooking please let me know. I would like to keep the cost of this box under a grand. The one pictured below is the one I am looking at and I can buy it for $700.00 in the 45" x 42" size.

deseeker

Re: Dog box: 2-hole vs. 3-hole & compartment size?

Post by deseeker » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:56 am

I hope you are tall. You have to be tall and have long arms to reach the middle of the box to open the doors when it is in the back of a full size truck. I like boxes that have the latches to the outside of the truck where I can reach in to open them(I'm 5' 6") without climbing in the back end of the truck---JMO

bawloffire

Post by bawloffire » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:30 am

I had not even thought about reversing the hinges on the door. Thanks.

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:34 am

Truck-Dog-Boxes-1.jpg
I just got the 3 hole, 46" w CSS box and LOVE it! http://creativedogboxes.com/truck-dog-boxes/ Very well built and light! Fits between wheel wells!
Dogs are there for transportation so the box size is plenty. I run pointers and setters. Plenty of room to stand up and turn around.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:16 pm

I bought a 3 hole, back when I had one dog. I'll never have a 2 hole box...

uplandrsb

Post by uplandrsb » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:50 am

I have the 3hole box like yours. It very easy to access the storage.. I would go with the 3 hole. Its heavy though. Also i put mine on a trailer as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.