The saddest July 4th of my life....

JuliaH

The saddest July 4th of my life....

Post by JuliaH » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:58 pm

Today, July 4, 2013, we lost one of the finest people I have ever met. My husband and I were just down at Royalerun Kennel two days ago and all was well.

But, today, David King passed away suddenly while running in the Firecracker 5k/10k road race in Wrightsville. He and Sara were doing one of the things they loved to do in celebration of the holiday.

Needless to say, we are all devastated at this sudden, sad loss of a very good friend. It is impossible to tell you all how much David and Sara King have meant to me and my family and to our dogs.

Our deepest sympathies go out to Sara in this very difficult time of her life, and our thoughts, prayers, and love are with her.

We love you both,
Karl & Julia Heidbrink
Buggytown Bird Dogs

big_fish

Re: The saddest July 4th of my life....

Post by big_fish » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:52 am

Thoughts and prayers for all.

Brooks Carmichael

Post by Brooks Carmichael » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:35 am

Dave, was a true gentleman. I only met him about ten years ago at a trial in Nebraska. I took immediately liking to him. He was an excellent trainer. I always laughed when he mentioned his hot tub at his training grounds in Nebraska sand hills. It was a huge round water tank normally one would find for lifestock water. He will be truly missed.

JuliaH

Post by JuliaH » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:43 am

He was a very special man and a wonderful trainer.... David King understood the dogs better than anyone I have ever known.... he will be sorely missed!

Pictured, the Nebraska hot tub!