GPS Maps

ROTTnBRITT

GPS Maps

Post by ROTTnBRITT » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:00 am

One the back out our PA Hunting and Trapping Digest (Rules and Regs for Game Commision) there is an ad for HuntingGPSmaps.com. Ive never seen or heard of them. Looks like it could be a nice set of maps for your GPS if you don't already have them. They provide good information related to hunting such as private and public land boundaries; with private property landowner names, roads and trails, lakes, rivers, steams. Also section lines or numbers, big game unit boundaries and more.

I don't have any maps on my Garmin and though these might be good ones to look at getting. They are about 100 bucks for each state for the premium maps, and about the same for regional maps. HUNT Great Lakes regional maps include; Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin.

Has anyone used these maps before? Do you even bother with maps on your GPS? If so, what works well for you?

reba

Re: GPS Maps

Post by reba » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:11 am

I find maps for handhelds useless. They are much too small.

I do like the Delorme Topo USA that runs on a lap top. You get the entire USA for $100. Yes it is also a GPS.

Del Lolo

Post by Del Lolo » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:02 am

HuntingGPSmaps.com. are 100% top notch

ohmymy111

Post by ohmymy111 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:07 am

I use NDTRAX and MTTRAX. I wouldn't hunt Montana without MTTRAX it is great. Shows all public hunting grounds where without good map reading skills it would be difficult to know where to go sometimes.

roaniecowpony

Post by roaniecowpony » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:28 am

The same public/private land gps data is free from DF&G in South Dakota and Kansas and probably other states. Hopefully more states will provide it.