Gun Dog Express.

jetjockey

Gun Dog Express.

Post by jetjockey » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:45 pm

I just go off the phone with Gun Dog Express. Unfortunately we agreed that they will never transport my dog ever again. After a two delay picking up my dog, things went down hill from there. The original pick up day was supposed to be Thursday evening or Friday morning. After a phone call Thursday I was told it would be Friday evening. Again, not really an issue. Friday afternoon I was told that the driver would not make it that evevning and would be there "hopefully" by 10 AM Saturday morning. Again, this was not a huge problem but it began to make things difficult since my wife and I were leaving at 10AM for vacation. Saturday morning rolls around and I'm told the driver "should" be there by noon. Unfortunately now I was forced to jump through hoops and talk my vet into boarding her and staying late in the event the driver didn't arrive by the close of business at Noon for boarding. Luckily the vet agreed and my dog was picked up at around 12:30. Again, I wasn't mad and chalked it up to bad traffic, the weather, whatever....

I told the driver the address and the phone number of the person who was receiving the dog. I also told her to coordinate with him because her GPS wouldn't find the address. I explained that she needed to know the highway to turn off of in order to find the address. After pick up the driver said she should arrive either Tuesday night or Wed morning. Again, not an issue at all. Tuesday rolls around and Im told the delivery will take place Wednesday. Again, not an issue, I realize things can change. Wednesday rolls around and I make a phone call to the driver. I'm then told the dog will not arrive until 8-10pm Wednesday night. Again, not a huge problem. I told getti coordinate with the trainer for pickup. At 8pm last night there still had been no coordination. I woke up this morning to find out the dog didn't get delivered last evening, and the delivery would be by 11AM this morning..... Now, I will say that I don't know exactly what the conversation between the driver and the trainer was, but I know the driver couldn't find the address. According to the driver, after searching for the address, and two trips to the post office to find the address, they tell her where to go. At that point the driver heads to the house the Postal Service told the driver to go, and texts the trainer "Im here". Her sends her a text back asking "where's here", becuse he as sitting in the front yard with nobody in sight. The driver then states the dog will be placed in a crate in the shade at the base of a tree next to the kennels. Now. Here's where I got pissed. The location she was at, wasnt the location the dog was supposed to be delivered. She assumed it was becuse there were kennels and construction workers building more kennels, but it wasn't. Luckily, the trainer put two and two together and realized where the driver was, and went up to retrieve my dog.

Now, I can understand delays, I can understand a lot of crap. But at no point can I understand dropping a dog off in a crate, at a location, that isn't the address the dog was supposed to be delivered. That's where I flipped my lid. I easily have $20,000+ wrapped up in this dog with training costs, trial entry fees, airline shipping costs, and many other things. The fact that the driver was going to drop my dog off to anyone else but the person who I told them to deliver the dog to is simply inexcusable. And then, instead of apologizing, the drier got defensive and made excuses. Excuses on delays, I can understand. Excuses about dropping my dog off at a random house, will send me through the driven roof. Be very, very careful shipping your do with Gun Dog Express. I assure you, they will NEVER see my dog or anyone's dog I know of ever again.

windswept

Re: Gun Dog Express.

Post by windswept » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:38 pm

Wow. That's quite a story. Can't blame you for being upset.
In their defense, I have used them multiple times and have never had a problem. I hope you can work this out. They are good people.
Tom

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:20 pm

Wow, I would of flipped also.. Pretty crappy glad you got your hound back.

rufgr

Post by rufgr » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Is this the Gun Dog Express associated with Adventure Bound Kennels?

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:26 pm

Yep. That's the one! The driver couldn't get it through her head I wasnt really that upset with her being 2 days late. I was upset that the dog was delivered to the wrong friggen address. Not only that, she was going to be left near some kennels in a crate under a tree at the wrong address. She assumed it was the right address, but t wasn't. Luckily the trainer guessed where the driver was going to leave her and went and got her..... I'm still beside myself, and still incredibly pissed!

rufgr

Post by rufgr » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:27 am

Jetjockey- I thought so but wanted to be sure before I posted my experience with these folks. In May of 2012 I purchased a 4 year old GSP from Adventure Bound Kennels / Gundog Express. The asking price for the dog was $2500 which is what I paid. The dog was described as "a very nice close working gun dog that has a nice point, is steady to flush, marks and retrieves his birds to hand. Is whoa broke, loads in a dog box, crate or kennel, and is collar conditioned." Based on my experience hunting this dog from October thru December the entire description was a total fabrication. All the dog would do was walk along behind me. He showed no interest in birds or hunting. When I contacted Adventure Bound about my total disappointment with the dog I was told "he was hunting fine when I sold him to you." So be very careful when dealing with these people as they certainly will not make things right if their is a problem.

mactrout

Post by mactrout » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:03 pm

There are two sides to every story. Sounds to me like you failed to provide the carrier with a servicable address. If they had to go to the post office to get the address then your trainer must not be answering his phone. GDX does a great job of handling all kinds of problems while in transit. I, for one will continue to use and trust them with my dogs.

Carolina Gundogs

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:11 pm

mactrout wrote:There are two sides to every story. Sounds to me like you failed to provide the carrier with a servicable address. If they had to go to the post office to get the address then your trainer must not be answering his phone. GDX does a great job of handling all kinds of problems while in transit. I, for one will continue to use and trust them with my dogs.
Kind of hard for you to say what happened if you weren't part of the incident :roll: .

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:47 pm

mactrout wrote:There are two sides to every story. Sounds to me like you failed to provide the carrier with a servicable address. If they had to go to the post office to get the address then your trainer must not be answering his phone. GDX does a great job of handling all kinds of problems while in transit. I, for one will continue to use and trust them with my dogs.
If you want to make this a I said/you said type of thread it will be locked. I find nothing wrong with someone telling their story of what happened but we don't allow threads running down a third party. I thought this was handled very well with out anyone trying to down grade the company but rather just reiterating the situation of what happened. Probably time to let it go.

Ezzy

Wildweeds

Post by Wildweeds » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:22 pm

Was she blonde? Sounds like a Ditzy employee with far to much responsibilty and not near enough between the ears.

SCT

Post by SCT » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:42 pm

I've used them a couple of times and haven't really had any problem. I think sometimes they take on more stops while they're on the road and then they get delayed. Or it could just be traffic. I've always met them so they didn't have to find my home, but the meeting was always timely and accurate.