GSPs with EP bloodlines?

Elkhunter

Re: GSPs with EP bloodlines?

Post by Elkhunter » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:59 pm

I agree with Neil, at the Region 9 AAA trial there was a brittany being ran. He was judged the same as my dog, no different.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:18 pm

I have not ran my Britts against pointers much, only when there were no Britt trials within 400 miles, but have placed about 50% of the time and have always thought I got a fair look and placed when we earned it. (Except one time with just bad judges, it happens).

I have been doing this since the 70's, so it is not new.

Nearly every FDSB judge I have every met put up the best dog on that day. The lack of a long tail does cause some to think on it some, after all they are judging the tail on the pointers. What little tail my dogs do have best be straight up. I judge the same way.

BTW I do not have near as high a % of win against Britts, maybe the Britt judges are biased.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:36 pm

Maybe you should read this thread, since that's what it's about. :shock:
I tried, but all the testo is bringing me down. Heard it since I got my first shorthair in 68. Now I can say I seen it .

Folks must not joke around you much, and yer from Iowa too..... lol means laff out loud. Was a real knee slapper....

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:03 pm

Yep

ymepointer

Post by ymepointer » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:56 pm

roaniecowpony wrote:I've heard it mentioned several times here and from a well known trainer. Does anyone have information on the X-breeding of EPs into the GSP breed? How prevalent is it in proven lines and is it beneficial? Just curious.
I see there is a nice lemon shorthair on the sales section for FREE!....slick breeding.

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:07 pm

ymepointer wrote:roaniecowpony wrote:I've heard it mentioned several times here and from a well known trainer. Does anyone have information on the X-breeding of EPs into the GSP breed? How prevalent is it in proven lines and is it beneficial? Just curious.

Do you really think there would be documentation on such a breeding !!! :roll: Gsps that color would have been dunked years ago.

I see there is a nice lemon shorthair on the sales section for FREE!....slick breeding.
Scoop it it up, looks like it would be your type of dog. wittle up a broom stick , put it on the stub and you are good to go. :D

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:19 pm

Ms. Cage wrote:
ymepointer wrote:roaniecowpony wrote:I've heard it mentioned several times here and from a well known trainer. Does anyone have information on the X-breeding of EPs into the GSP breed? How prevalent is it in proven lines and is it beneficial? Just curious.

Do you really think there would be documentation on such a breeding !!! :roll: Gsps that color would have been dunked years ago.

Scoop it it up, looks like it would be your type of dog. wittle up a broom stick , put it on the stub and you are good to go. :D
You mean the only reason tails are docked is so one can tell how they been registered? :twisted:

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:52 pm

BigShooter wrote:You mean the only reason tails are docked is so one can tell how they been registered?
Take it how ever you like. By color, if that pup had a long tail there might not be much beef that it was a pointer.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:09 am

Ms. Cage wrote:
BigShooter wrote:You mean the only reason tails are docked is so one can tell how they been registered?
Take it how ever you like. By color, if that pup had a long tail there might not be much beef that it was a pointer.
I am getting her to breed with my solid male. trying to get solid yellow...........................................Cj

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:21 am

cjhills wrote:
Ms. Cage wrote:
I am getting her to breed with my solid male. trying to get solid yellow...........................................Cj
Ohhh that would be so rare..... I'll take two! Price doesnt matter because they're rare... Also I want a male and female so as soon as they are old enough I can start raising puppies!

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:19 am

Good thinking. I'm really trying to get blaze orange. Haven't decided which way to go for that. but I will ...................................Cj

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:09 am

Can you add some jellyfish dna so they lite up at nite? Is being done with other animals.....

jasonw99

Post by jasonw99 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:55 am

im going to addd the following to mine:

Greyhound for speed
Pitbull for power
foxhound for endurance.

After that i should be good to go. I might even have an english pointer when i am done.

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:05 am

jasonw99 wrote:im going to addd the following to mine:

Greyhound for speed
Pitbull for power
foxhound for endurance

After that i should be good to go. I might even have an english pointer when i am done.

Isn't something like that where they got the Miller line? ^^^^

Jim

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:13 pm

jimbo&rooster wrote:
jasonw99 wrote:im going to addd the following to mine:

Greyhound for speed
Pitbull for power
foxhound for endurance

Isn't something like that where they got the Miller line? ^^^^

Jim

All the lines american and english have been crossed over the long history of the breed, The english came from the old spanish pointer. Being as old as the breed is why anyone would think they haven't been crossed a ton, is beyond me.

MIKKEN

Post by MIKKEN » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:34 pm

displaced_texan wrote:What about breeding quarter horses and thoroughbreds?
If they have an all liver head, are steady to wing & shot, & retrieve to hand, GREAT!!