Chevy Avalanche

werkin2liv

Chevy Avalanche

Post by werkin2liv » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:35 am

I am looking to get another vehicle in the next 6 months. What does everyone think of the Avalanche? I know 2013 is the last year for them--I'm not looking to get a new vehicle anyway. I am keeping my 2005 Chevy Silverado that has 240,000 miles on it and is still going strong. I have a GSP and a couple of setters, plus one official "truck dog" that is a pitbull mix that thinks he is a birddog. I test drove a Tahoe, Suburban, and an Avalanche yesterday and liked the way the Avalanche offered better line of sight than looking through the passenger compartment of the Tahoe and Suburban. Thanks for any input.

S'setter

Re: Chevy Avalanche

Post by S'setter » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:24 am

We got a new one in 02 when they first came out. We have had no problems with it... works good for hauling Dogs & Gear to the field... It a great truck to drive to the field & does a reasonable job off road!!! I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one!!!

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:56 am

If you are in the market for an SUV with a small bed and like GM products it's probably a great choice for you. It's more Tahoe than a truck. Dont expect to pull a fifth wheel trailer or it to have capabilities a real truck would have.

werkin2liv

Post by werkin2liv » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:50 pm

gotpointers wrote:If you are in the market for an SUV with a small bed and like GM products it's probably a great choice for you. It's more Tahoe than a truck. Dont expect to pull a fifth wheel trailer or it to have capabilities a real truck would have.
I'm keeping my "real truck" for hauling and pulling--sometimes you just need a truck. I like the idea of the covered bed for hauling my gear when it's raining or to prevent theft.

roaniecowpony

Post by roaniecowpony » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:20 am

Snugtop makes a topper for the Avalanche which might suit your uses. I looked into just about all the options from trucks, SUVs, vans, etc.. I'm still not sure if I want to get something other than trucks, which I've had a long string of.

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:03 pm

Took a long hunting trip in one once. Really drove nice out on the rode, has some extra storage compartments that were handy and we removed the cover off the bed and put a couple dog boxes in it. I think you could pull a dog trailer and load some buddies and be set for extended trip.