Why do we lionize wild birds?

Neil
GDF Junkie

Re: Why do we lionize wild birds?

Post by Neil » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:00 am

Don't give up, your estimates are a little high. First you need a buddy or two to share expenses, driving, and bring more dogs. It rarely costs me more than a $1,000 a trip. Still a lot, but doable if you will sacrifice.

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:01 am

JWP58 wrote:And to who ever posted "guess you've never seen anyone without legs". I'll make you a deal, the first time I'm out hunting and I see a no-legged man hop out of his pickup unload his UTV and go hunting, you will be the first person I contact via pm to admit I was totally wrong. However, I expect you to message me the first time you see a FAT, OBESE, LARD "bleep", unload his UTV and go hunting. We'll see who messages who first.......
Your posts in this thread come off as offensive and make you sound like an arrogant little snot.

This is the kind of thing REAL sportsmen volunteer to help with when they can, instead of running their mouths about things they know little of. Look around, there are lots of other hunts for the disabled too. They may not be in wild country on wild birds, but their value is beyond what you could hope for.

http://amestrib.com/sections/sports/out ... -hunt.html

Shame on you.

Tooling

Post by Tooling » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:19 am

Neil wrote:Don't give up, your estimates are a little high. First you need a buddy or two to share expenses, driving, and bring more dogs. It rarely costs me more than a $1,000 a trip. Still a lot, but doable if you will sacrifice.
Yeah, I hear ya' (assuming this is directed at me)

I would just have to bite the bullet and do the me & wifey thing for the first trip to get over the hump :oops:

From there it would be smooth sailing and not a problem for trips like that w/friends..just how it is...and I obey :|

...(because I just don't wanna' freaking hear it :mrgreen: )

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:34 pm

JWP58 wrote:
Chukar12 wrote: You are correct in that I could not care less what your opinion is; you don't seem to think long enough before you speak to be relevant and that's your problem to deal with not mine. You stated directly that people who frequent preserves with their dogs are not hunters without regard to why and what they may do to support what you do. I don't need to defend myself in this framework you have set, it is offensive enough on a broad scale without me having to take it personally.
And I could not care less your opinion either. Nor do I care how long you've been doing anything, including "thinking about what you're going to say". We find common ground after all.

And no, I still stand very firm in my belief that high fence game farm and preserve bird operations are not hunting. They are shooting events. You can do either til your heart is content, just don't try and pass it off as hunting, because it isn't. Well I take that back, it truly might be considered hunting in the People's Republic of Commiefornia......so you might have me there.

I wouldn't go to sea world and claim to be deep sea fishing. I wouldn't go to the zoo for a safari......Get my drift?

And to who ever posted "guess you've never seen anyone without legs". I'll make you a deal, the first time I'm out hunting and I see a no-legged man hop out of his pickup unload his UTV and go hunting, you will be the first person I contact via pm to admit I was totally wrong. However, I expect you to message me the first time you see a FAT, OBESE, LARD "bleep", unload his UTV and go hunting. We'll see who messages who first.......

Good that you and Chukar have come to an agreement, I have found Chukar to be someone that is not afraid state his opinion but also does not have the need to state it. But when he does he puts his thoughts into words very well. But realize that doesn't mean either you or I have to agree with him but he makes it hard to argue sometimes.

In this case he makes some good points aa you do to. But your are easier to shoot holes in. Some of your analogies just aren't quite right it seems to me. If I am understanding you right, you refuse to call fishing "fishing" if the fish have been raised and turned loose. And the other thing I take away is you are making decision with out even trying a sport. Your arguments are against hunting something that is restrained and I agree with that whole heartedly but a game preserve doesn't fit into that category.

The point made about shooting or hunting is a good one and I am sure many people who join clubs are just that, shooters but not hunters. But even then are you willing to tell people who have limited exposure to anything better to just stay home. If so I will put up signs telling them they are not welcome. All I am saying is you are painting with a broad brush and are not sure what you are covering up. Plus Chukar is as good as it gets when he tries to help. Be smart, and listen. I have told my grandsons a thousand time you learn absolutely nothing with you mouth open

Ezzy.

QuillGordon

Post by QuillGordon » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:59 pm

I been busy!!

Excellente shutter work amigo with all them grain fed private ranch chickens :wink:
One thing's for sure it's good to see the little woman hangin in there through thick & thin...