NAVHDA training group in Indiana....?

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:26 am

Ok folks, Im looking for a NAVHDA training group that meets in central to southern IN. I need to work my FT GSP on some backing and dont have any truely broke dogs at my disposal. Im willing to pay for birds and pitch in with what i can, even can drag a horse or 2 along if someone needs to get some dogs intro'ed before HT season.

Jim

High Voltage

Re: NAVHDA training group in Indiana....?

Post by High Voltage » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:42 am

Here is the link to the NAVHDA Chapter info
http://www.navhda.us/chapterinfo.aspx
Even if the chapter does not train close to you there maybe members that live close that you could get together with.

steamer

Re: NAVHDA training group in Indiana....?

Post by steamer » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:20 pm

jim there are two navhda chapters in Indiana. central Indiana navhda we mostly train up by new castle. we just had our test and I think training days are over for this year. the other chapter is kentuckiana navhda we mostly train down in marengo and some over in Vernon. we have a mock test in a few weeks and the real test at the end of September. so the training days are pretty much done. a few of us get together out at amo bird dog club and train during the week. its about 1.5 hours from your area. its mostly nastra guys but I think there are a few people that run nbha and akc trials. we do some brace work with the dogs going to the invt. but mostly run single dogs that are getting ready for ut tests. if you don't mind the drive amo might be worth looking into. pm me if your interested and want to check out the grounds.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:25 am

Jim if your local club is like ours you'll be hooked!