Question for Judges

S&J gsp

Question for Judges

Post by S&J gsp » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:15 am

Why do some judges push a dog off the line? I don't know that it happens in horseback much but NSTRA I always see the judge pushing off the break. So you don't know if you have a head racing problem or if the dog is just trying to keep from being run over.

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Re: Question for Judges

Post by Ruffshooter » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:24 am

I don't know why some do that but I usually ask them to stay back.. I have had a couple dogs that will push on and not concentrate on the birds. We don't train on 4 wheelers just run. Probably I should.

S&J gsp

Post by S&J gsp » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:19 am

The reason for the question was that I though I had a head racing problem so I broke him of that and the next time I trialed him I noticed it wasn't the other dog he was trying to out run it was the 4 wheeler it made sense to me a 65 pound dog vs a 800 pound 4 wheeler the dog loses

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:46 pm

It is not in any rules I have read, but the judge should never do anything to interfer in anyway.

One of my most embarrassing moments was when I was trying to see a reluctant to fly bird in a thicket and let my horse get too close to the dog, causing him to move. As it was my fault, I did not discount the dog's performance.