update

grant
GDF Junkie

update

Post by grant » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:14 pm

Members,

First and foremost, thanks for hanging out here. I believe our common interest in dogs, relationships, and looking at pictures of my wifey staking kage is what makes this place great. I’ve very proud of GDF.

I strongly believe that GDF will continue to grow and thrive! I’ve put countless hours into creating the site. You all spend tons of time hanging out. Our moderators spend enormous amounts of time thumbing through each post made. Although we get upset from time to time, one thing is for sure. We will always do everything possible to do what’s fair and right. There are no hidden agendas on this board. No ones getting rich, trying to promote any specific products, or anything. GDF is purely independent.

One fallacy is that GDF moderators and myself only tolerate ideas that correlate with our own ideas. Totally not true. GDF is not a dictatorship. That would suck, as most of you laugh at my opinions. The only thing I ask is not to be rude, hateful, etc. In my personal life, I detest rude people, and they have no membership here. All I ask for is for members to be polite when sharing comments. I guess the good part is that rude and hateful folks seem to be far and few between on this board.

Just so you know, here my rules for the Mods.
grant wrote:Moderator Guidelines:

Overall, here’s my goal:

We should keep:
GDF a fun and friendly place to be.
GDF a place where people who ask questions get answers in a helpful manner.
GDF a place where experienced members can provide various solutions to questions.

I really count on moderators to help maintain a positive image for GDF. I know we all have different personalities and styles, but we’re held to a higher standard as moderators and should always be kind and friendly.

Typical Scenario:
Member posts rude message.
Any moderator copies and pastes text from post into a thread in this section
All moderators provide comments on text.
If needed, temporarly lock thread.
Majority of votes make the decision to warn or ban.
One person will send a PM as warning or to ban member.
Moderator will go to the respective post and replace the text with << edited: reason >>
I'll then move the edited text to an archive for future reference.

Other Stuff:

Members can get ONE warning. On the second time, they’re banned.

Feel free to add comments, improvements, or correct me where I’m wrong…

Grant

One side note is that our mods keep each other in check. We have a hidden section where we discuss issues as necessary. If you feel anyone on this board, including mods and myself, have stepped out of line, PM me. We’ll eventually work things out and do the right thing. I will admit though that GDF moderators are extremely valued and appreciated in my eyes. They volunteer not only time, but money to keep GDF running. Thank you Steven, ezzy, and Pear! Y’all rock!

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:30 am

You hit 1400!!! Pretty darn good for a couple of years!
brenda

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:52 am

Grant,

You have a great site ......and a PM.

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:32 am

I would just like to say that I think, having read and posted on this board for a couple of years now, that the mods do a terrific job, including showing respect for all opinions. Heck, even mine. Thanks Grant, Steve, Ezzy, Pear.

Kurzhaar

Post by Kurzhaar » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:46 am

Wagonmaster wrote:I would just like to say that I think, having read and posted on this board for a couple of years now, that the mods do a terrific job, including showing respect for all opinions. Heck, even mine. Thanks Grant, Steve, Ezzy, Pear.
Get out the calendars and mark this one down: I agree with Wagonmaster (John)!!!!!!

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Jim
Last edited by Kurzhaar on Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:07 am

:D I think we agree on more than one might think, Jim, I just think we have crossed paths on one particular issue. I see you as a fella who likes what he has and says what it is, and I hope I am the same way.

Anyway, take care.

I have marked my calendar for us to agree on something on this day next year too. :lol:

Scott

Post by Scott » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:33 am

Grant,

While I don't post too much on this site. I hate to know how many times a day I log into the site to read all of the great posts. This is a great site with a bunch of great people on here. I personally think the moderators do a great job on here. Dealing with various personalities is never an easy task. Thanks again for putting the site together.

Sincerely,

Scott

crittercontrol

Post by crittercontrol » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:38 pm

Grant,

I'd hug ya if I could! :(oo)

Have always loved this site for the very reasons mentioned above.

caleb :wink:

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:45 pm

crittercontrol wrote:Grant,

I'd hug ya if I could! :(oo)

caleb :wink:
Cool, makes me feel kinda weird tho...

GsPJustin

Post by GsPJustin » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:26 pm

AWWWKWARD!!!

LuLu_01

Post by LuLu_01 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:59 am

I as many, appreciate being able to view this Forum (-) alot of silly contents other sites have going on.

All the forums serve a purpose and there is something for everyone. It's great to live in America!

I have recently referred some people to this site. I, for one was disappointed by the recent display.

Thanks to the Moderators for all you do.This is a great site, "Nough said".
I think you all do a great job!!!

LSKGSPs

Post by LSKGSPs » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:36 am

Ditto! All the above.