E-collar

Double Shot Banks

E-collar

Post by Double Shot Banks » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:44 pm

Hello,
Unfortunately this weekend i lost the remote to our e-collar... :oops:
we needed a new one so I guess now is the time. What is a good cheaper collar on the market now? All I need it do do is nick and shock (no tones, vibrates or anything is needed) and I want it (and the remote) waterproof obviously.
The range doesn't have to be that long, the dog shouldn't get too far away and if he does thats my fault not the collars.
Thanks,
Isaac and Banks

CDN_Cocker

Re: E-collar

Post by CDN_Cocker » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:57 pm

I just got a dogtra 300m element and its awesome. Small, tough, and even new aren't priced terribly high. Check out the Collar Clinic site as well - they sell recalibrated collars for great prices.

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:01 pm

Definitely check out collar clinic. We misplaced our collar (Tritronics Flyway G3). I called Collar Clinic on Thursday (I bought it from them), Saturday I received my replacement collar. $149 with shipping. WAY better than replacing the entire unit with something comparable.

dsmtsi

Post by dsmtsi » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:51 am

Double Shot Banks wrote:Hello,
Unfortunately this weekend i lost the remote to our e-collar... :oops:
we needed a new one so I guess now is the time. What is a good cheaper collar on the market now? All I need it do do is nick and shock (no tones, vibrates or anything is needed) and I want it (and the remote) waterproof obviously.
The range doesn't have to be that long, the dog shouldn't get too far away and if he does thats my fault not the collars.
Thanks,
Isaac and Banks
This one is waterproof for both collar and remote. The remote also floats so you can actualy find it, doesn't do much good to be waterproof and sink. Both collar and remote are recarchable. I have the 1820 and really like it.
http://www.collarclinic.com/product/h201810Plus.html

I've only played with this one a bit but it is also waterproof (transmitter floats). The red button can be programed to any fuction. The collar unit is small and seems to fit really nice. The transmitter uses a 9v. This one does have the vibrate but the price is really good IMO. It seems a little strage but it was really nice to have the stim button right there with my gun hand. I may pick one of these up for when I start trying to steady my dog.
http://www.collarclinic.com/product/rapt1400.html

They all have the maxx range antenna in the collar don't know how much better it is but the range has been great on the ones I have used. I also think they are availble in camo if you would want that.