Another Puppy Scam

hi-tailyn

Another Puppy Scam

Post by hi-tailyn » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:51 pm

More puppy Scams every year. I just want a $1 Million check to put on my wall.

To:
Sent: Monday, October 7, 2013 5:40 PM
Subject: Puppy

Hello,

I'm Giovanna, I'm interested in buying your Puppy, i would love to know if it's still available for sale,also could you tell me the condition of the Puppy and as well the last price,concerning the payment,i will send you a cashier's check that will cover the Puppy and the shipping cost as well, which you will have to deduct your money for the Puppy from it and send the balance to the shipping agent company that will handle the pick up and shipping of the Puppy via western union/money gram after you must have deducted yours from it.

Am trusting you to do this,i feel in my spirit mind that i can count on you and please i will like you to remove the advert of your Puppy from the internet as we are about to round up the whole transaction b'cos counters will always disturb the whole transaction, please send me the name to be written on the check and the address where the check should be mailed too. and send me your phone number,mobile number. also the best price for the Puppy,

i will be waiting to hear from you and willing to do business with you in the nearest future.
Best Wishes.
Giovanna.

This is my reply to this person. I really hope I get a reply. :lol:

Hello,
The puppy price is One Million Dollars USA. I do this special promotion just for people like you. You send me the check for 1 million dollars, and I keep the puppy, Raise it, train it and breed the puppy just for you. You don't haft to pay for food or vet bills. I will send emails letting how your pup is doing along with pictures just so you can see all the love and attention your pup is getting for your money.
When the final day of the dogs life has come and gone I will send you pictures of the entire life of your dog.
If you agree with these terms, I will send you my info and look forward to doing business with you.
Thanks
Scott

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Re: Another Puppy Scam

Post by RoostersMom » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:56 pm

What I'd like to know is where on earth are people advertising pups that get this kind of response?

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:43 pm

RoostersMom wrote:What I'd like to know is where on earth are people advertising pups that get this kind of response?
Gun dog breeders, gun dogs on line, akc and any other online advertising. Cj

hi-tailyn

Post by hi-tailyn » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:51 pm

cjhills wrote:
RoostersMom wrote:What I'd like to know is where on earth are people advertising pups that get this kind of response?
Gun dog breeders, gun dogs on line, akc and any other online advertising. Cj
The websites warn about these and try to some degree at stopping them. They just keep on coming.

I get one every year. Used to get mad, now just have fun with them. 8)

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:16 pm

Great response to the scammer! I tend to think it's the same scammer doing the majority of this. It's a different email but the "advert" "best price" "final price" and a few other keywords I'm always able to spot. I ran a lost dog in the for sale section of the farm and garden section once and received a similar email with a scammer wanting to know the condition of the item. Also have had texts at 3 am wanting to know if stuff is still for sale. Usually I just respond local and in cash sales only and they are gone.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Before Ontario stopped puppies coming to brokers here to be sold in pet stores , and long before I knew any better, I bought a GSP at a pet store. It even was AKC registered - papers turned out to be fake. Upon investigation , I discovered it had been born at a puppy mill in Missouri, shipped to Ontario at 5 weeks ( less $ for freight weight), languished in store windows for 5 months, and had never been out doors. Thank God that avenue for abuse has been closed here. Quebec is still a huge problem for allowing puppy mills.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:15 am

If you have some time, google the ebola monkey and see what he does to scammers :) rated r tho. Very funny stuff there.

I get them whenever I advertise on craigslist. they monitor it and try to steal from ya. Like I would ever ship a ferguson tractor....

hi-tailyn

Post by hi-tailyn » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:51 pm

markj wrote:If you have some time, google the ebola monkey and see what he does to scammers :) rated r tho. Very funny stuff there.

I get them whenever I advertise on craigslist. they monitor it and try to steal from ya. Like I would ever ship a ferguson tractor....
+1 very funny!

SubMariner

Post by SubMariner » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:50 am

hi-tailyn wrote:More puppy Scams every year. I just want a $1 Million check to put on my wall.

To:
Sent: Monday, October 7, 2013 5:40 PM
Subject: Puppy

Hello,

I'm Giovanna, I'm interested in buying your Puppy, i would love to know if it's still available for sale,also could you tell me the condition of the Puppy and as well the last price,concerning the payment,i will send you a cashier's check that will cover the Puppy and the shipping cost as well, which you will have to deduct your money for the Puppy from it and send the balance to the shipping agent company that will handle the pick up and shipping of the Puppy via western union/money gram after you must have deducted yours from it.

Am trusting you to do this,i feel in my spirit mind that i can count on you and please i will like you to remove the advert of your Puppy from the internet as we are about to round up the whole transaction b'cos counters will always disturb the whole transaction, please send me the name to be written on the check and the address where the check should be mailed too. and send me your phone number,mobile number. also the best price for the Puppy,

i will be waiting to hear from you and willing to do business with you in the nearest future.
Best Wishes.
Giovanna.

This is my reply to this person. I really hope I get a reply. :lol:

Hello,
The puppy price is One Million Dollars USA. I do this special promotion just for people like you. You send me the check for 1 million dollars, and I keep the puppy, Raise it, train it and breed the puppy just for you. You don't haft to pay for food or vet bills. I will send emails letting how your pup is doing along with pictures just so you can see all the love and attention your pup is getting for your money.
When the final day of the dogs life has come and gone I will send you pictures of the entire life of your dog.
If you agree with these terms, I will send you my info and look forward to doing business with you.
Thanks
Scott

Great response, but all you're really doing is confirming that your email address is valid.

Best thing to do in cases like this is to report it to your ISP as a phisher. Also to backtrack to the ISP where it came from (in the header of the message) & report it as a phisher to the postmaster @ that ISP.

FWIW,

nwnick

Post by nwnick » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:42 pm

I had the same thing happen to me with a Harley I had listed on Craigslist. TWICE ! Both times the story was the guy was working offshore on an oil rig and was buying it for his son for a birthday present. Was going to send a contact to handle picking up the bike after he had posted payment to my PayPal acct
These guys have no shame that's for sure

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:29 am

Saw a comercial on tv, a guy was doing the scam in person :) at the end it said in person this doesnt work, but on line......

hi-tailyn

Post by hi-tailyn » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:24 pm

great response, but all you're really doing is confirming that your email address is valid.
I use a disposable email address for questionable contacts with slime like these. It will return back to me but under a different address and I usually cancel them every month or so. Keeps spam mail down a little.