Garmin Alpha

Quailtail

Garmin Alpha

Post by Quailtail » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:47 pm

I am having a heck of a time learning to operate this device. Does anyone know how to go back and look at a hunt and have it come up on their computer? I know you have to hook up with the cable but that is about it. Nothing in the manual unless I overlooked it.

buckshot1

Re: Garmin Alpha

Post by buckshot1 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:01 pm

I would try calling the Garmin tech support line. Their device isn't the easiest to operate, but they've been super helpful whenever I've called them with questions about the Alpha.

moese

Post by moese » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:41 am

I start each hunt by clearing my track log and the dog's using the track manager selection in the Alpha's menu. I then select "new hunt" marking the truck location. At the end of the hunt before moving my vehicle I save the dog's track and my track (again using track manager on the Alpha). Doing this will put a date and time stamp to each and save in your Alpha. When you hook it up to a computer you should open up Basecamp (free download from Garmin). You'll see your Alpha in the menu as a drive. Upon selecting that your waypoints and tracks will be visible in the lower left window and available to select and see on the basecamp map.

SuperV

Post by SuperV » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:52 am

Download the program Garmin BaseCamp from the Garmin Site. Then when you open the program, it will recognize the Alpha and you can see your marked way point and your and your dogs tracks.

N