Pheasants quails chuckers

Benjammin

Pheasants quails chuckers

Post by Benjammin » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:23 pm

Would like to know if anybody knows any good spots in Washington for public hunting so I can get my dog on some birdies. I've been over ease by Moses lake by some of those release sites. And according to my GPS I walked 11 miles so my dog probably ran 20 and I got one pheasant and a quail I feel bad walking around like that and not getting him on any birds. So if anybody's willing to give up a sweet spot be greatly appreciated.thank

fishvik

Re: Pheasants quails chuckers

Post by fishvik » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:07 am

It has been a while since I lived in that neck of the woods(I went to college at U of I in Moscow) but my guess your best bet for quail and chukars would be the Clarkston and Asotin area on the Snake River. Or get an Idaho license and hunt along the Clearwater or Snake River's upstream of Lewiston.

vizslatrainer

Post by vizslatrainer » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:10 pm

google cook canyon, its over by Ellensburg and they have a program you can use. I have never been happy hunting in Washingon but finally broke down and bought pheasant release license for Western Washington. They have many release sites but they do get picked over a lot. Also google Feel Free to Hunt and see what is there that appeals to you. Aside from that North and South Dakota are great places to hunt. :D

Benjammin

Post by Benjammin » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:40 am

My buddy got a membership at cook canyon and I've yet to go there with him cuz it's like 175$ for 5 roosters which is hard to stomach. And I've also thought about west but yeah. But thanks and when I got some extra $ I will leave this state to hunt :lol: