Bringing dog into Canada

RichK

Bringing dog into Canada

Post by RichK » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:14 am

My dog will turn 16 month on May 24th, 2014 which seems to be the exact date which local NAVHDA testing dates are. I don't want to run him only once and hope that we get a prize I so it looks like if I want to run him in a NAVHDA NA test before the exact day of his age deadline I will have to head into Canada. The Toronto NAVHDA club has a test May 10-11th so I am planning to make the trip north across the border unless something closer pops up in the schedule between now and then.

What exactly will I need to take my GSP across the border and bring him back?

LincolnAlexander

Re: Bringing dog into Canada

Post by LincolnAlexander » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:10 am

For dogs over 8 months old you need a Valid rabies vaccination certificate from a licensed vet. The Ontario Grand River chapter is also holding its test that weekend as well :).

RichK

Post by RichK » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:14 am

LincolnAlexander wrote:For dogs over 8 months old you need a Valid rabies vaccination certificate from a licensed vet. The Ontario Grand River chapter is also holding its test that weekend as well :).
Which is closer to the US border around Niagara Falls?

SubMariner

Post by SubMariner » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:15 am

LincolnAlexander wrote:For dogs over 8 months old you need a Valid rabies vaccination certificate from a licensed vet. The Ontario Grand River chapter is also holding its test that weekend as well :).
Additionally, if you dog is AKC registered, I would have those with you as well since they prove identity of the dog & your ownership.

CDN_Cocker

Post by CDN_Cocker » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:04 pm

All you need is up to date vaccinations and a vet slip issued within 10 days of coming here.

LincolnAlexander

Post by LincolnAlexander » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:11 pm

RichK wrote:
Which is closer to the US border around Niagara Falls?
Toronto's test would be closer for you I think.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:26 pm

Grand River Chapter normally holds their tests at Luther Marsh so Toronto would be closer but depends where the Toronto Branch will be holding their tests.I'm sure they are not holding it in Toronto. :)