New Ruger Red Label on shelves

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

New Ruger Red Label on shelves

Post by nikegundog » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:23 pm

New design, new internals (I've heard), still made in the USA, on the shelves here for $1100.
http://www.ruger.com/products/redLabel/index.html

northern cajun

Re: New Ruger Red Label on shelves

Post by northern cajun » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:14 pm

nikegundog wrote:New design, new internals (I've heard), still made in the USA, on the shelves here for $1100.
http://www.ruger.com/products/redLabel/index.html

Love Ruger shotguns wonder if they will ever bring back the all weather stainless?

SD44

Post by SD44 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:34 pm

Nike,

Love Ruger Shotguns. Haven't seen them on shelves here in Colorado. What sporting goods stores are selling up in MN?

SD44

Post by SD44 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:35 pm

Nike,

Love Ruger Shotguns. Haven't seen them on shelves here in Colorado. What sporting goods stores are selling up in MN?

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:51 pm

Just heard about them a few days ago, local mom and pop joint announced they got two in stock today. Sad news is they only have 12 gauge, I hope that sell well enough to expand their line.

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:20 am

nikegundog wrote:Just heard about them a few days ago, local mom and pop joint announced they got two in stock today. Sad news is they only have 12 gauge, I hope that sell well enough to expand their line.

Are they only offering 12ga at the moment or thats all your local shop had? I looked briefly at them on rugers website the other day and didn't see what ga they would be offered in......

Maybe we will see a resurgence of the Gold Label...

Jim

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:03 am

I have two Ruger Reds:
My favorite is the 20g.Mine has the engraving of gthe grouse on the side but the gold leaf or what ever it is, is worn out and gone. I use that exclusively for Ruffs and in NSTRA trials. Absolutely love it now.
I bought It he second year they came out. Twice had problems with the ejectors getting loose and letting a shell slide by and get stuck. Ruger was great. sent them the gun and let them know that I was headed to at trial and a hunt the other time, and they fixed the gun both times free of charge and this was after years of use. I have not had the problems since, although I do not shoot as much.
I had to have the gun, fitted to me. I am like the princess and the pea. Once I did that and put tape on my left eye, I was good to go till death due us part.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:52 am

jimbo&rooster wrote:
nikegundog wrote:Just heard about them a few days ago, local mom and pop joint announced they got two in stock today. Sad news is they only have 12 gauge, I hope that sell well enough to expand their line.

Are they only offering 12ga at the moment or thats all your local shop had? I looked briefly at them on rugers website the other day and didn't see what ga they would be offered in......

Maybe we will see a resurgence of the Gold Label...

Jim
Only 12 gauge now, hopefully sales will be good enough to bring back the line.

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:17 am

I hope so. I have owned a couple 12ga and as much as I like em, I dont use a 12 often enough and have gotten rid of them. It has made my goal of owning a redlabel in every ga a little difficult though.

Jim