Question on past NFC's as stud dogs

GSPnewbie2013

Question on past NFC's as stud dogs

Post by GSPnewbie2013 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:46 pm

Any thoughts on NFC from past five years as stud dogs? I have a fairly well bred female and am looking for prospective stud. Sonny?? Kane?? Trey?? PM if you have " inside" info on pros and cons. Hearing some upsetting things about some well know studs out there. Thanks in advance!

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Re: Question on past NFC's as stud dogs

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:11 pm

Sonny has been dead for a couple yrs so that eliminates him.Don't know what you have heard but sometimes hearing it & it being the truth is 2 different things.I bred to Sonny & heard things before & after breeding to him were they true?
I will say if he were still living I'd breed to him again truth or not.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:42 pm

First item would be your female's pedigree. You can compare similar breedings to the dogs you are interested in.

hustonmc

Post by hustonmc » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:44 pm

Maybe there is a correlation with winning the National with the rumors you've heard............... If there seems to be a common denominator................but if that's the game you want to breed for, that's probably who you want to breed to. Nobody spreads rumors about the losers.

GSPnewbie2013

Post by GSPnewbie2013 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:11 pm

Sonny won in 2009. I thought I seen him on the brace sheet for this year as well

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:21 pm

Tim Thaden's Sonny is still alive. Ted is talking about Tonelli's Rising Son.

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:31 am

Even though he's no Nat champeen, I like this dude - he lost to a girl the year he ran at the Nats. :oops: :lol: :lol: Actually I think I sent him back to Nats twice - first time he ran a stick thru his chest 5 minutes into the thing so I decided he deserved another go at it and he came up just shy of the top step! :lol:

http://www.hbv.netkennel.com/PhotoView. ... 27s+Plan+B

https://www.vimeo.com/36873458

Hunted/pointed sharpies, sage hens, chukars, huns, phez, blues, ruffeds, valleys, gambels, and mearns in 6 or 7 states. Competed well on the infrequent times we ran him amongst the tops in his breed, occasionally coming out on top, as well as more often competing with and occasionally besting some of the top dogs of the long tail persuasions usually at the wild bird venues. He's been well tested, well proven, just a dang cool dude. Throwing some nice pups - my 4-5 month old pup has already stood a handful of sharptails and put a good chase on the neighbors cat. :lol: :lol: Is an LD carrier so s'pose that's a con creating some extra work, diligence, responsibility, interrogation of bitch owners and prospective pup buyers, etc. :lol: Hustonmc has seen him compete so might be a good source for rumoring! :lol: :lol:

*can see the scar on his left chest from the Nat. stick episode

Wind Dancer Kennels

Post by Wind Dancer Kennels » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:12 am

I think I just found the next stud for my bitch!
D. Favors that is a great looking dog...the power he showed as he ran that big country is very impressive.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:10 am

hustonmc wrote: Nobody spreads rumors about the losers.
Funny, and very true.

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:26 am

A Nat. CH might not always be the best choice to bred your female to . Forget the titles look at what the dog has produced. Do the two dogs compliment each other. Will they stregthen each others weakness. Are you looking to linebreed. Are you looking to outcross a heavly line bred dog. Lots to consider besides a title.
Last edited by Ms. Cage on Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:50 pm

My mistake on the Sonny mix up & I agree with Ms.Cage more to it then titles if you want to do the DOGS justice!!

larue

Post by larue » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:59 pm

I would like another simon puppy,hopefully i can get one in a few years when dan uses a straw.

http://ndlshorthairs.com/Simon.htm

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:09 pm

larue wrote:I would like another simon puppy,hopefully i can get one in a few years when dan uses a straw.

Is he assumed to be LD negative through offspring?

hustonmc

Post by hustonmc » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:02 pm

DGFavor wrote:Hunted/pointed sharpies, sage hens, chukars, huns, phez, blues, ruffeds, valleys, gambels, and mearns in 6 or 7 states.

That part is the part that should be paid attention to the most
DGFavor wrote: Hustonmc has seen him compete so might be a good source for rumoring! :lol: :lol:
The best finishing cast I have ever seen at an AA trial, any breed!!!!!!! If it wasn't for a rocky first 10-15min, and I mean that figuratively and literally as Bugz took Doug into the rockiest draw on course looking for some real Chukar instead of the put down one up by the road. He would have won the thing. Besides look at the photo below, he actually looks like a good looking Shorthair instead of one of my Liver Pointers with a docked tail. :lol:

DGFavor wrote:Image

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:41 am

larue wrote:I would like another simon puppy,hopefully i can get one in a few years when dan uses a straw.

Yaahh Dennis, he was a for sure goodun'! Saw him have some pretty sweet outings! :mrgreen:
The best finishing cast I have ever seen at an AA trial, any breed!!!!!!! If it wasn't for a rocky first 10-15min, and I mean that figuratively and literally as Bugz took Doug into the rockiest draw on course looking for some real Chukar instead of the put down one up by the road.
Judged the Nat. Qualifier Cascade Ch over there this fall - You shoulda come out and watched or put a dog in Matt, take your lumps with the rest of us - didn't have near the huns we had last year but still a cool trial. As I judged I daydreamed and reminisced about Bugs outing last year several times but didn't change the outcome!! :lol: :lol: Was happy to get the RU and be in winner circle with accomplished, Nat. qualified dog like Jettsun.

Brooks Carmichael

Post by Brooks Carmichael » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:50 am

There are some great stud dogs out there. Look at their pedigrees and look at their parents and grandparents pedigrees. See how your dogs pedigree compares to them. It has been proven over the years line breeding has produced some of the best and greatest dogs out there. You will find out where somebody will do an outcross, to pick up some great traits from a certain breeding. They then will then go back to line breeding. If you will look at National champions and some of the great dogs out there, are result of outcrosses but end up being part of line breeding. But, you will also notice they will come right back a part of line breeding. You will find this will all great dogs. The Germans were great at this and they produced some of the greatest dogs in the past. The breeders here in the U.S. understood this. Those like John Rabidou, Dave McGinnis, Bob Deitering, amongst many others understood this. The individuals who helped produced the slick bloodline and the list goes on and on. I know this may not help much but it will give you much to think about. Good luck in your decision.

I personally like to run in wild bird trials and I hunt all my dogs. Hunting on wild birds really make great bird dogs and some of the best trial dogs. A dog has to be a bird dog before he can truly be a great trial dog. Just my opinion.

larue

Post by larue » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:42 pm

I DO NOT KNOW ABOUT SIMON AND LD.MY EVA WHO WAS OUT OF SIMON IS CLEAR.

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:42 pm

+1 for Bugsy

So far everyone got a pup out of that litter has nothing but positives to say, super personalities, great looking and athletic!

I am excited to see where they are in a year.

msrkennels

Post by msrkennels » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:34 pm

Go watch and maybe you can figure it out yourself.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:30 pm

GSPnewbie2013 wrote:Any thoughts on NFC from past five years as stud dogs? I have a fairly well bred female and am looking for prospective stud. Sonny?? Kane?? Trey?? PM if you have " inside" info on pros and cons. Hearing some upsetting things about some well know studs out there. Thanks in advance!
Have you seen any of the dogs run?

Brooks Carmichael

Post by Brooks Carmichael » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:45 pm

I have seen them all run, what would you like to know. P.M. me

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:30 am

I think this dude is a troll...

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:25 am

Elkhunter wrote:I think this dude is a troll...
No doubt about it, you see his other post?

The Zephyr

Post by The Zephyr » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:59 am

Elkhunter wrote:I think this dude is a troll...
+1 Bingo!!

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:26 am

More of his posts should have been checked before his posts were allowed.I had a feeling from his wording on this post to start with things were going to go south.

Brooks Carmichael

Post by Brooks Carmichael » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:02 am

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:More of his posts should have been checked before his posts were allowed.I had a feeling from his wording on this post to start with things were going to go south.
+2