Sept. Youth hunt -- Wash. Co. Pheasants forever

deseeker

Sept. Youth hunt -- Wash. Co. Pheasants forever

Post by deseeker » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:31 pm

We had our Pheasants Forever Youth /Mentor hunt in late September. We had 16 youth (14M & 2 F). This hunt is geared towards kids that do not have a chance to hunt upland game. They got to shoot blue rock, shoot 22s, learn how to ask permission, learned upland laws from the game warden, clean guns, locate downed birds without a dog, watch a dog demo, hunt phez over pointing dogs, clean pheasants, and eat lots of food !!! They all had a good time (kids & adults) and all the kids got shots at pheasants. For safety, the mentors control the shells and only give them 1 shell at a time :D At the end of the hunt all kids get an orange vest and hat from Pheasants Forever, Nebraska Game & Parks, and Boyt Harnass Co.
mintken 2013 youth hunt.jpg
shooter's 3 birds.jpg
2013 PF youth hunt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by deseeker on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deseeker

Re: Sept. Youth hunt -- Wash. Co. Pheasants forever

Post by deseeker » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:38 pm

Here's 3 more pictures from the youth hunt (there were 365 pictures taken during this hunt). The kids each got a disc with all the pictures on it---I didn't think you wanted to see all 365, so I just attached a few :roll: .
forgot to take safety off.jpg
shot at a rooster.jpg
taking a shot during 2013 youth hunt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SD44

Post by SD44 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Hats off to all the volunteers that put this on for the kids!! Great way to pass on old traditions to the new generation.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:56 pm

You rock deseeker. I remember taking my nephew to desoto bnd for a youth hunt. My son will be next years batch.

My nephew was out yesturday, he served in the marines in afgan and iraq. He did see some nasty action, we shot a 30-30 to see if he wanted to go on a deer hunt. We might have to wait, he is expert but not quite ready to shoot something he said. :(

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:30 pm

Great job guys - keep it going! There will always be kids out there that need us to step in with these programs. Way to go!