Rescued dogs in field trials or hunt tests?

Bird Dog Jim

Rescued dogs in field trials or hunt tests?

Post by Bird Dog Jim » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:16 am

I was wondering if any field trial or hunt test organization allows rescued dogs without papers to participate? I'm not looking for any serious or highly competitive events, just some events for fun.

Thanks.

Jim

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Re: Rescued dogs in field trials or hunt tests?

Post by RoostersMom » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:18 am

Jim,

I've run rescues in AKC Hunt Tests with an ILP or PAL registration (you can send in dough and a picture and if the dog is neutered or spayed - you can get a registration for it). I've also run rescues in BHU tests (but not done the "registration" yet for a title - in BHU a title is conferred on a "CKC" registered dog - but I think CKC will register anything with a pulse -so that's easy enough to do).

I enjoy running the "recycled dogs" in tests and events, mine do fairly well stacked up against some of the registered ones.

Bird Dog Jim

Post by Bird Dog Jim » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:29 pm

Thanks Roostersmom! I'll definitely explore the leads you mentioned.

Cheers.

Jim

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:44 pm

I have a Client who has a Rescue Brittany we have been working her for the last two years she got her Jr Hunter in one weekend last year we just finished FF her and after this hunting season and some more polish work I will be running her in more Hunt tests this Spring and next fall, she was my first experience with a rescue dog but i see no reason why you can't hunt or hunt test one.
Thanks,
Joe