Quail Forever Birddog Challenge ?

smoothbean

Quail Forever Birddog Challenge ?

Post by smoothbean » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:04 pm

Anyone know anything about the Quail Forever Birddog Challenge? Is this just a fun competition that each chapter puts on itself? Do they have a set of rules for this or is it up to the chapter? Any details about these events would be helpful. I would like to get my chapter doing some events.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Re: Quail Forever Birddog Challenge ?

Post by RoostersMom » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:50 pm

We run the Pheasants Forever Birddog Classic....We also have a QF Hunting Dog Challenge that we hold in Kansas City. The latter event is a fun trial and we shoot birds for the dogs on course - you are braced with another dog and we have volunteers that judge. It's pretty loose - as we want it for hunting dogs, not necessarily trial dogs. The judge just places the dog that he'd "like to hunt over the most." We hold it in conjunction with the Showme Vizsla Club event across the way (that way we share resources, food, porta-potty, birds, etc.).

Firelight

Post by Firelight » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:49 pm

RoostersMom - what time of year is the QF Hunting Dog Challenge? Sounds like fun, I'm new to KS and looking for some events and activities with the dogs.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:57 pm

Usually early March or February. It's in conjunction with a walking field trial or a hunt test, can't remember which. I'll try to remember to post it on here.

You should join a PF or QF chapter locally - you'll meet a bunch of like-minded dog folks. We have a good several chapters in the KC area.