Puppy is home!

DonF
GDF Junkie

Puppy is home!

Post by DonF » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:55 am

Picked him up about 4pm yesterday and got him home about 6pm. Little shaky sat first but that changed pretty quick! He's eating an old tennis shoe I gave him this morning. It was that or the sheep skin rug that used to be on the floor. Slept with me and the boy's last night and slept all night. Went out about 6am and did his business, no accident's in the house,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yet!

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: Puppy is home!

Post by shags » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:07 am

What a handsome pup :) I hope more photos are in the works.

Best of luck with him.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:32 am

Yes they are!

Gertie

Post by Gertie » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:56 am

Congrats Don! He sure is a cute little puppy monster! Can't wait to give him a squeeze :D

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:30 pm

Gorgeous boy!

BigJake

Post by BigJake » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:36 pm

Don very nice looking pup, were did you get him? I have a red setter coming home in April really looking forward to it.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:26 pm

Jake,

Got him from a guy I know up in Wash. He trials the mother a bit and has done well with her. I watcher her and his dad one time and was ready to get one right then. Been waiting a year and a half. He's was worth the wait. Got him home and he settled right in. My E. Setters sleep with me, well, he got a spot last night and slept through it. Got up thin morning and he did his business outside.

Fran Seagren

Post by Fran Seagren » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:29 pm

Hi Don, What a handsome little guy your new pup is. I sure do love those setter faces. Does he have a name yet?

Here's a pic of Robert at 10 weeks.
Robert@10Wks.jpg

Robert started off being my husband's new pup. But, I fell in love with that red setter and insisted Scott give Robert to me. Being the nice person I am, I gave Scott my new lab puppy, Disco, who is 6 weeks older than Robert. The deal was made and we all lived happily ever after. :D

Here is Disco at 10 weeks.
Disco10wks.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:10 pm

He is a good looking boy Don.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:52 pm

Fran Seagren wrote:Hi Don, What a handsome little guy your new pup is. I sure do love those setter faces. Does he have a name yet?

Here's a pic of Robert at 10 weeks.
Robert@10Wks.jpg

Robert started off being my husband's new pup. But, I fell in love with that red setter and insisted Scott give Robert to me. Being the nice person I am, I gave Scott my new lab puppy, Disco, who is 6 weeks older than Robert. The deal was made and we all lived happily ever after. :D

Here is Disco at 10 weeks.
Disco10wks.jpg
It was a long time coming, breelie just didn't co-operate very well! But he's home now and really sure of himself. Haven't had an accident in the house yet. Slept with me and my boy's last night Slept clear through the night and then went out and did his business. Hope he get's that dark like his dad. I'll see you in March!

Fran Seagren

Post by Fran Seagren » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:25 pm

Don,

I like the name!

Don't worry about Stormy getting darker - he will. Both Breelie and Robert are dark red. Robert was also "light red" as a young pup. Their head seems to get dark first, then their "grown up" coat comes in darker.

Can't wait to see him this spring. If he's anything like his parents, he will give you some "exercise." Ready, set, GO! :D

SpinoneIllinois

Post by SpinoneIllinois » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:05 pm

Love the looks of those Red Setters.

NLsetter

Post by NLsetter » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:29 pm

NIce looking pup!

Tomb82

Post by Tomb82 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:39 pm

Congrats! Very good looking pup

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:05 am

Another night with no accident's and out to do his business first thing. The little Finnein "bleep" is eating me though! Arms are already all scared and he's started on the leg's. the pillow on my chair. Gave him an old shoe to chew on and he ignore's it!

I knew there was a reason he got quiet. He's pulling the stuffing out of my pillow again!

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:25 am

DonF wrote:I knew there was a reason he got quiet. He's pulling the stuffing out of my pillow again!
:D Aren't puppies great?

Pretty pup and I look forward to more photos.

NLsetter

Post by NLsetter » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:14 pm

DonF wrote:Another night with no accident's and out to do his business first thing. The little Finnein "bleep" is eating me though! Arms are already all scared and he's started on the leg's. the pillow on my chair. Gave him an old shoe to chew on and he ignore's it!

I knew there was a reason he got quiet. He's pulling the stuffing out of my pillow again!

Great way to keep him from biting at you is when he does stick your finger in the back part of his mount between upper and lower jaw( no teeth here and they dislike it) gets them out of nipping quickly.