Good Chuckar boots?

bmcox86

Good Chuckar boots?

Post by bmcox86 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:13 am

What's everyone's opinion on a good Chuckar boot, last year I bought a pair of meindl ultralights last year and while there good for hunting, not so good for the Chuckar hills. There a little to wide and the sole is soft. Need something with good support and a hard sole for traversing rockslides and side hilling.
Prefer something at cabelas since I have a gift card, but was also looking at the kennetreks and asolos

Razor

Re: Good Chuckar boots?

Post by Razor » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:06 am

Meindl Alaska Hunter is the best boot that Cabelas carries. I have owned Lowa's also and they are good boots. I currently wear the Alaska Hunter.

hustonmc

Post by hustonmc » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:10 pm

Kenetrek is a "bleep" fine boot. I have literally worn the soles flat on 2 pair. I didn't think that was possible, the boot usually breaks down before the soles do.

Gertie

Post by Gertie » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:13 am

I wear Nick's Hotshots (lace-to-toe) and White's Smokejumpers. They're designed for hiking around in steep country and can take a lot of punishment. They're leather so you have to keep them greased and if you hunt in the snow you'll need a nice heavy sock but you really can't beat either one. I like my lace-to-toes for really rocky country. Anyway, my two cents.

QuillGordon

Post by QuillGordon » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:21 am

opinion on a good Chuckar boot
I'm convinced there is no such thing

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:26 pm

Miendl Denali is my favorite.

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:03 pm

I have a pair of Danner's and have not used them hunting chukars but they are a great boot for foot hunting. :D

Pepper

RCB

Post by RCB » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:48 pm

By far the best chuker boot for me has been the Danner Elk Hunters sold by Cabela. I bought my last pair three or so years ago but just checked and I do not see them listed anymore. For my feet no other boot comes close so I guess I will have to resole the ones I have.

orbirdhunter

Post by orbirdhunter » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:08 am

Kenetreks have a big following here in the northwest....

Personally i like Lowa boots. My pair of choice being the lowa rangers....on my fifth season with them.

For chukar hunting, especially if your the kind of guy that values ankle support...trekking boots of some kind are tough to beat. Trekking boots fall in between hiking and mountaineering boots...