Who's your stud?

Quailcommando

Who's your stud?

Post by Quailcommando » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:19 pm

Hypothetical Question for conversation:

You have a nice young stylish female GSP gundog with a cannon of a nose your looking to breed her and get your next All-Age prospect want to add run but at same time keep style. Will be her fist breeding so your looking for live cover who's your stud?

Dogs that you have seen run and left a impression not ones you heard about.
Last edited by Quailcommando on Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bb560m

Re: Who's your stud?

Post by bb560m » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:54 pm

depends on female's lines.

sh0rthair

Post by sh0rthair » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:38 pm

bb560m wrote:depends on female's lines.
+1

Quailcommando

Post by Quailcommando » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:04 pm

Ok, SNIPS on top and TOP GUN on bottom.

Carolina Gundogs

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:07 pm

I would recommend you asking Brenda Roe @ Walnut Hill since the Snips line is hers.

Quailcommando

Post by Quailcommando » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:16 pm

Quailcommando wrote:Hypothetical Question for conversation:.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:20 pm

If I was looking for an all age prospect, I would contact breeders that are producing all age winners and get in line for one of their pups.

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:44 pm

ACooper wrote:If I was looking for an all age prospect, I would contact breeders that are producing all age winners and get in line for one of their pups.
+1 If you want all age go to all age dogs that produce all age.

Middlecreek

Post by Middlecreek » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:58 pm

ACooper wrote:If I was looking for an all age prospect, I would contact breeders that are producing all age winners and get in line for one of their pups.
I would agree with that, you might be a few generations away from breeding a true all age prospect. Even those that breed strictly for all age dogs have pretty low success rates, maybe 1 or 2 out of many litters. Some kennels have two hundred puppies or more every year and by the time those pups are one year old may have 4 or 5 that are true all age prospects. Out of those 4 or 5 prospects one or two might mature into all age dogs. All that is of course starting out with all age bloodlines to begin with though

So to answer your hypothetical question based on your current female, the answer is hypothetically none, I don't know of any studs producing all age dogs out of females not already bred to run. Don't get me wrong, I have no idea what your female will produce, It's just not where I would start if you want to produce "all age prospects".

Quailcommando

Post by Quailcommando » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:38 pm

Middlecreek wrote:
So to answer your hypothetical question based on your current female, the answer is hypothetically none, I don't know of any studs producing all age dogs out of females not already bred to run. Don't get me wrong, I have no idea what your female will produce, It's just not where I would start if you want to produce "all age prospects".
I agree with this I guess I should have left out the all age prospect and just had add run while keeping style.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:46 pm

I have a really nice one that will be down your way this spring. Pretty sure he will improve style and run of he throws anything like himself.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:55 pm

John sent you a PM.

bb560m

Post by bb560m » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:03 pm

Odds of an all age out of Snips x Top Gun is pretty low, probably impossible - don't think there are any out of those lines that compete in AA or ever have...? Just adding a big running male will most likely not produce AA - but who the heck knows. Top AA to top AA and you're lucky to get an AA.