Pictures

Munster

Pictures

Post by Munster » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:09 pm

Got a new camera for Christmas. Since the hunting was kicking my arse, I started to take photos.I got the Nikon D3200. I went from pretty much a throw away camera, so this has all been a learning experience and I cant wait to keep learning.

I saw some roosters fly into a ditch. So instead of grabbing the gun, I grabbed the Nikon. Figured if my dogs dont get to point em, I dont need to drop em. :D
This guy was peeking at me through the grass.

This is a buddy of mine working is BF pup.

Munster

Re: Pictures

Post by Munster » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:10 pm

My hubby and my buddy working through some cover

Max

Munster

Post by Munster » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:10 pm

Baja cut her tongue. SO I put her down so I could check her out. She had a major blood trail going. It bled for 2 days.

Baja

Munster

Post by Munster » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:11 pm

Baja

Another one of my buddies with his PP. He ended up getting his limit.........I had to ease my frustrations some how.......... :oops:

atothek

Post by atothek » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:25 pm

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:32 pm

Didn't take long to learn how to take nice photo's, good job! Tongues and ear flaps are both bad bleeder's. I've had dog's rip ear flaps on barb wire several times. First time there was so much blood I though he was going to die of blood loss. Whole front and head covered with blood.

By the way, with the camera, did you get the kit lens? I think that an 18-55? I turned down that one and went with the 18-105, love the thing. Also have a 55-300. It's a really nice lens also.

Munster

Post by Munster » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:29 pm

DonF wrote:Didn't take long to learn how to take nice photo's, good job! Tongues and ear flaps are both bad bleeder's. I've had dog's rip ear flaps on barb wire several times. First time there was so much blood I though he was going to die of blood loss. Whole front and head covered with blood.

By the way, with the camera, did you get the kit lens? I think that an 18-55? I turned down that one and went with the 18-105, love the thing. Also have a 55-300. It's a really nice lens also.
Yeah, I have the 18-55. But I took my christmas money and bought a 55-200. I would have liked the 300, but at 400.00, that is out of my league. I cant justify buying it with my level of experience.

Thanks for the compliments

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:15 pm

Nice pictures. I have a few lenses for my 35mm Pentax and I have been going to buy a new digital so I could use the lenses I have. Seeing your pics makes me think I need to do it.

Ezzy

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:30 pm

Absolutely awesome pictures!!!

Charlie

Munster

Post by Munster » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:35 pm

ezzy333 wrote:Nice pictures. I have a few lenses for my 35mm Pentax and I have been going to buy a new digital so I could use the lenses I have. Seeing your pics makes me think I need to do it.

Ezzy
Ezzy, get to it! and share some of your photo skills with us!

I am a complete hack . But from the feed back, I must have an eye for it.................I think

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:37 pm

Hey lady, that 55-200 is supposed to be a really good lens. Tip, when you look for more gear, go to B&H and Adorama sites and look for factory referbs. My 55-300 I got as a referb for about the same price as a new 55-200.

Munster

Post by Munster » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:06 pm

DonF wrote:Hey lady, that 55-200 is supposed to be a really good lens. Tip, when you look for more gear, go to B&H and Adorama sites and look for factory referbs. My 55-300 I got as a referb for about the same price as a new 55-200.
Ahhhhhh! where were you 4 days ago! HA HA HA

Do you worry about the item being damaged during shipping? Or them not honoring your purchase? or or or?

One drop of the box and the len is toast!

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:35 pm

Mary, I don't think the lenses are quite that delicate. Some of them take quite a beating when you are out in the field and I have never had one damaged. I wouldn't be at all concerned with shipping with all of the bubble wrap and other packing they use today.

Ezzy

Munster

Post by Munster » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:46 am

Ezzy, you should see me when I go on a hunt. I have my vest loaded for bear with dog equipment. Then I have my new camera, which I loop around my coveralls. Then I have my Go pro on my head, then I have the dogs electronics Garmin and tritronics.
I have heard I look like I am going to battle!

But yes, my camera gets beat around a bit. I have actually missed some birds because I was trying to protect the camera.

What about moisture? I went out one morning and it was beautiful. The blue stems were full of frost with the sun hitting them, it was awesome. BUT, I put my camera in my coverall for fear of it getting wet and ruined.

Now I am wishing I bought the protection plan.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:18 am

Munster,

As for camera and frost conditions, I know an excellent outdoor photographer (www.savethelastdancebook.com) that has told me to keep the camera in the conditions you'll be shooting in (ie, if it's extremely cold, he leaves his equipment in the car overnight to acclimate it to the weather). I used to keep the camera under coveralls and inside my jacket, but it would fog up when I took it out. Now I just loop it around my neck (I put my transmitter on my belt!) and let it swing in the cold. I'm thinking of getting one of those wrap around the body ties that folks use for binoculars to hold the camera in place better.

Rain is not good, but worse he tells me, is sand - blowing sand can ruin a camera or lens. I had to forgo taking some good pics at an event in KS because of the wind and blowing sand.

My major problem is the lens caps are forever coming off - anybody got a good suggestion for that problem? I even bought one of those that has a bungee type cord that "glues" on to the lens cap and it's tied off to the camera....lasted two days in the field then came off.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:52 am

I've had several re-ferb lens and one re-ferb camera. They come in a white box and everything is there just like new. The people selling them guarantee them. I don't go out in very nasty weather with a camera. Snow is fine but it get's below 20* and I go in the house. For taking hunting, I'm looking for a point and shoot. Tried three so far but wasn't happy with them. Two Nikon cool pixs and they both went south the first month. Then a Canon and a Fugi but both were a bit to big. A guy I know takes lot's of hunting photo's. I asked him and he's got a Sony, I haven't looked into them yet.