Introduction/ GWP?

Djanes

Introduction/ GWP?

Post by Djanes » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:36 pm

Hi two things here. First of all I have tried twice over the last two weeks to introduce my self on the introduction forum with no luck of it posting. So I am going to try here.
My name is David and live in Sarasota Fl. I am 40 and semi retired. I had a GWP up until June when I lost her to cancer. I am now ready to start my search for a new one.
That being said, I was wondering if anyone has any good recommendation for breeders. I know that might be a loaded question. I have tried finding the breeder of my last dog (Ray Brannon, Red Barron Wirehairs), but with no luck. Any suggestions or if someone has his info it would all be great.
Also, I only recently found this sight and love it. I wish I new about it a long time ago.

Meller

Re: Introduction/ GWP?

Post by Meller » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:20 pm

Can't help with a breeder, but want to welcome you to the forum! :D

wilsonwires

Post by wilsonwires » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:14 am

Check my website - wilsonwires@netkennels.com

germandogs12

Post by germandogs12 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:33 am

Welcome. I have a GWP and love the dog and this site. My breeder is great but along way from you. Wilson Wires has great reputation and are much closer.

cohanzick creek

Post by cohanzick creek » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:40 am

Welcome to the form. I would check it out wire hair alliance good breeders on their good luck in your search
cc

Djanes

Post by Djanes » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:42 pm

Thanks for the input. I know I'm in Florida, but as long as the breeder is in the lower 48 I will consider them. I drove to Iowa and back to gt my last one.

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:20 pm

Jeff Jalbert - Top Shelf Kennels

tjsnipehunter

Post by tjsnipehunter » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:20 am

What type of GWP do you want? There are some bigger running field trial types all the way to ones that are a little thicker built and closer to the traditional Drahthaar lines.

If you don't mind going a ways or even shipping you could check with Dan Griffith http://griffsgrasslandkennel.com/ He is expecting a litter in about a week. He may have all of them spoken for, I know one male is for sure. :D
Three Devils would be another one to check with. While searching out a breeder last year I talked to Jeff Paulus at http://www.thunderhillkennels.com/Thund ... lcome.html He seems like a nice guy and I almost got a dog from him but the timing just didn't work out.
There are others like Blue Sage, Bone Point and Black Star Kennels that I have heard good things about. All of these seem to breed a little closer to the German lines.

Tim

Rod W

Post by Rod W » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:52 am

Jeff and Sherry Paulus, http://www.Thunderhillkennels.com , lineage from the best wirehairs from all over the world, hunting dogs. My little girl is out of Zeke X Jesse James. I can't say enough about this breeder or his dogs. 215-590-9475
Last edited by Rod W on Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:34 am

Rhonda Haukoos has some started dogs available. http://wildwestkennels.co/ Mainly ft/dual lines. National caliber.
She is from Iowa, but they are headed to Florida soon. Give her a call. (402) 679-1565.
Doug