Puppy transport issues

KlondikeRidge

Puppy transport issues

Post by KlondikeRidge » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:09 am

I was wondering if anyone had any info on good ground transporters to use. The breeder I purchased my puppy from said he had a reliable shipper that he always uses. Its been two weeks since the day the puppy could go and already the shipper has been one week late, I received no phone call and am very dissatisfied. Trying to find an alternative in a hurry. I found GunDog Express and was wondering if anyone has used them before. Thanls

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Re: Puppy transport issues

Post by ultracarry » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:28 am

I have felt with them and they did a good job. I would rather fly a dog or puppy now though and not have them be in a trailer for hours and hours... A flight with layover took 7 hours from California to Florida . Probably a whole lot less stress.

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:42 am

Don't know from where to where, but last pup I purchased I actually flew out and back the same day, and carried her in a carry-on luggage bag (Newark, NJ to St. Louis, MO and back). Her breeder met me at the airport, so I got to meet her dam while I was there also.

My ticket was $300, hers was $100, but she made it home safe and sound and was the hit of the flight.

She was great, didn't mess in her carrier at all, but I brought wee wee pads so that I could potty her in the airport bathroom if necessary, and she wasn't until we got home.

BVK

Post by BVK » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:05 am

I have recently used and would highly recommend "Pet Ex" a travel agent for your pets. This is air travel, but the service is outstanding and the prices are very reasonable(around $175 for a pup depending on location and airline). They handle everything for you, all you have to do is get the puppy to the terminal in time and they take care of the rest! Check them out at www.sonshinepets.com. Laura is a wonderful person and is only an e-mail or phone call away if you have questions or run into a snag with the process.