Brittany Pedigree

MOOSE

Brittany Pedigree

Post by MOOSE » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:45 pm

I was asked to possibly help train and find a home for a Brittany locally here. He is a nice dog. Just wondering if I can get any feedback on pedigree as I don't know Brittany Pedigree as GSP's are my main breed. Here is a link to pedigree:

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=503

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Brittany Pedigree

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:01 pm

There is nothing in the pedigree that shows much other than the dog has a lot of Potter breeding. None of the dogs have any titles which says they haven't been run in any kind of competion. All of this said, they may be great hunting dogs but you will have to check it out yourself.

MOOSE

Post by MOOSE » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:16 pm

ezzy333 wrote:There is nothing in the pedigree that shows much other than the dog has a lot of Potter breeding. None of the dogs have any titles which says they haven't been run in any kind of competion. All of this said, they may be great hunting dogs but you will have to check it out yourself.

Is there anything notable about Potter as far as in the past or currently being known for producing nice hunting dogs? I really like the male they are needing to have someone take/train, but am just trying to think about things a bit and do some research before taking him on. Thanks for the feedback!

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Since that's not any kind of certified pedigree, you don't know what titles might be in there. You can run some of the names through NSTRA and see if they placed there. Otherwise, you'll need an official AKC pedigree to tell much on titles.

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:17 pm

I'd also run the dogs names thru the OFA database to see if any of the dogs have had their hips certified.

MOOSE

Post by MOOSE » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:19 pm

Cajun Casey wrote:Since that's not any kind of certified pedigree, you don't know what titles might be in there. You can run some of the names through NSTRA and see if they placed there. Otherwise, you'll need an official AKC pedigree to tell much on titles.
That pedigree is one I built off the AKC pedigree. So it is correct in the names and correct in any AKC titles, or lack there of. I built it for ease of you all to see. I know the owners don't title their dogs but that doesn't mean that the dogs further back were not ran in other organizations and such and that is the type of info I was looking for.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:25 pm

You can go to the NSTRA website & type in each dogs name & see if anything comes up.Don't know how to check any other venues though.

Good luck

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:55 pm

21 years ago a Potters Lucky Penny was OFA'd. No other records for Potter. Looks like the breeder has been in the game a while.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:45 pm

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:22 pm

There is only one name I recognize in the whole pedigree, Hello Dolly Dagger, which I guess might be out of a great dog of the 70's Hello Dolly Ms. Karre, but maybe not.

The dog will have to stand on its own merits, lots of great hunting dogs without FC's in their background.

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:49 pm

Here is a Brittany database site I got awhile back from K9. It is: brittanydata.com If you can find one well known dog out of the pedigree, you can reverse it, expand it, check siblings, etc. Good luck in your search :)