Inability to communicate using decent language

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Re: Inability to communicate using decent language

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:50 am

Or have worked with but my wife worked for a company for 34 yrs you should hear how the women there talked & talked about. I have been around plenty of young girls.They use the F word in normal conversation besides calling each other the B word on a regular bases.I think you worked in a jail & I'm sure you have heard a little of it.Just saying what we called profanity is now pretty much considered normal but so are a lot of other things that it's even taught in schools & the work place.Not the cussing but the other things that are now considered normal or acceptable.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:27 pm

Tell me about this more moderating. Do you feel that we should read and censor everything that is written or should the responsibility be with the poster and the moderator just there to guard against blatant misjudgments of the posters? Do you think that everyone should post to your standards? I can count on one hand the posts I have had reported by someone other than Sharon and I compare that against the dozens she has reported, who is right? And don't take that wrong, what she has reported should be if you are going to follow a strict interruption of polite society. Should we correct all mis-spelled words that many times actually change what the poster is trying to say? There just happens to be a lot of difference in what people find offensive and everyone of them wants to blame the poster when in actuality it is you the receiver that is the only one that can change that. But where is the dividing line between crude posts and overly sensitive readers? Does the fact that we have the most successful forum on the net of this type say anything at all about how it is run? Keep in mind this is just something for you all to think about but the final decision is still with the owner of the forum and we all are just guest here. I really think we all have done a good job with a few that want to use the forum as a place to make a fool out of themselves instead of a place to learn and enjoy. Seems like we continue to get those people and there is little we can do but wait and watch and let them weed themselves out by breaking the rules they have agreed to. What does seem to bad is certain individuals come on with a chip on their shoulder or get one because someone hurt their feelings(quite often me) and from that point on they find fault with everything you do or say. It develops into a waste of their time and mine as they get little out of the forum.

Just something for you all to think about,
Ezzy

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:28 pm

Very well said and I hear you. I do expect a higher level of conversation than is possible on a forum. I'll lower my standards. ( Now I'm going to get 50 PM asking if I reported them.) :)

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:38 pm

Sharon wrote:Very well said and I hear you. I do expect a higher level of conversation than is possible on a forum. I'll lower my standards. ( Now I'm going to get 50 PM asking if I reported them.) :)
Sorry Sharon , I wasn't sure I should mention your name but I thought it brought everything just a little closer for everyone if they know there are people besides big bad me that concerned. Plus I knew you were a big girl and could handle it. Let me know if there is a problem.

Ezzy

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:51 pm

Thank you. I'm fine.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:10 pm

FWIW, I think the moderators do a great job. And thank you Sharon, I have a great deal of respect for you and the way you handle yourself on this forum. Usually better than me. :lol:

Charlie

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:20 pm

roaniecowpony wrote: This forum needs a little more moderating and a lot less instigating. Cursing isn't the issue. ... In my opinion.
This ! :wink:
Some like to 'think' they are smarter or can push buttons without bad language ,but they may instigate through text with 'Insinuation' ,usually with a One line! leaving a trail of bad feeling.
This is more damaging to the forum than any 'cuss' (imo).
I can usually spot a 'smart "bleep"' , but some have thinner skins.Them that complain are entitled to,but hey'...get a life and train your dog,and let us know how you do it/or not?
Better time spent I feel :D

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:36 pm

I see your point polmaise but in this thread we are only talking about the rules that we all agreed to. But to your comments, if the moderators tried to edit every comment that somebody may find insulting or offensive, we probably wouldn't have a forum. JMO.

Charle

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:47 pm

The rules are the rules 'birddogger', so there is no point .
Eutopia is never going to happen and neither is a world that suits all. Get on with it and stop discussing/debating what should or could be right for everyone.
If the rules are there, they are there so Inforce them. simple. You may also find the membership decline ,but at least it will be a community that is abiding by the 'rules'?
The 'Language' issue is a mere 'part' of what moderators contend with,Not the 'sole' reason for ''Inability to communicate''.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:01 pm

polmaise wrote:The rules are the rules 'birddogger', so there is no point .
Eutopia is never going to happen and neither is a world that suits all. Get on with it and stop discussing/debating what should or could be right for everyone.
If the rules are there, they are there so Inforce them. simple. You may also find the membership decline ,but at least it will be a community that is abiding by the 'rules'?
The 'Language' issue is a mere 'part' of what moderators contend with,Not the 'sole' reason for ''Inability to communicate''.
Huh? I have no idea what your point is. I simply posted on my thoughts and had no idea it would offend anybody.

Charlie

roaniecowpony

Post by roaniecowpony » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:17 pm

From GDF FAQs
What are Moderators?Moderators are individuals (or groups of individuals) who look after the forums from day to day. They have the authority to edit or delete posts and lock, unlock, move, delete and split topics in the forum they moderate moderators are present to prevent users from going off-topic or posting abusive or offensive material.

Ezzy
we've all watched members slug it out with "abusive language and/or innuendo. It's often the same members getting into it. it doesnt take long to figure out what's going on and who the repetitive instigators are. These slug fests are at least a distraction to the rest of us and sometimes aggravating when we are on the receiving end of it. I read the statement by the founder of this forum and he was pretty clear in the charter of this forum he wasn't going to allow anyone to impede his goals.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:34 pm

Maybe the people complaining should apply to be moderators. Your perceptions may change.

Charlie

roaniecowpony

Post by roaniecowpony » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:25 pm

birddogger wrote:Maybe the people complaining should apply to be moderators. Your perceptions may change.

Charlie
Hey he asked. I figured he was sincere. I wouldn't expect to be baited by a moderator.

hustonmc

Post by hustonmc » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:17 pm

I have to admit Ezzy, this post has made me take a look in the mirror.
This originally was posted on the heels of me using a "WTF" because I could no longer use more then 2 pics. I used that context as a normal everyday (for me) word for being confused and frustrated. To me, that was an appropriate word to get across an emotion, without cursing.
My first reaction was being a little put off. Mumbling words like old fart and so forth. Being a responsible adult I let things simmer as was quite shocked about how much support you got. I was embarrassed to be honest. Did my years in the Navy, then constructions to working with a bunch of veterans in a government industrial facility make me this bad?????
I work with 10-18yr old girls and boys as a dedicated 4-H leader and club lamb producer, majority of this so called bad language is normal conversation with them, but your right, doesn't mean we all should. I also follow www.lookoutlanding.com so I can follow my beloved Mariners. They drop "F" "S" whatever bombs every paragraph. But here again, your right, doesn't mean they should.
So I agree, if rules are set, we should follow them. I am a black and white rules guy. Rather it be trials, forums, taxes. But I have to say to many depending on Regional location, Age, and so forth this can be a confusing reason to be suspended.
If majority finds this offensive and the powers that be find it to be a use of curse words, we should abide. But once that line is drawn, words like; fooey, fudge, darn, gosh, all hold the same meaning. WTF could mean, "What The Fudge" just as easily. So I agree Ezzy, you sir are correct.

QuillGordon

Post by QuillGordon » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:18 pm

Restriction of speech restrict's a forum. A slow death await's

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:35 pm

QuillGordon wrote:Restriction of speech restrict's a forum. A slow death await's
I have heard that for ten years as we grow to obver 6000 members and still am growing with 4 to 5 joining every day. One thing that really helps is we have people logged in 24 hours a day everyday. Most of the unrestricted forums you seldom can find anyone on except for a few in the evenings. They just can't provide the help our forum offers. We dpn't restrict what you can say but rather how you say it. Shouldn't have to do that but......................

asc

Post by asc » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:42 pm

I like dirty talking wimmins :mrgreen:

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:50 pm

asc wrote:I like dirty talking wimmins :mrgreen:
This really cracked me up.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:54 pm

ACooper wrote:
This really cracked me up.
Don't we all! Unless it is your mother.

asc

Post by asc » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:53 am

leave my mother out of it, she has issues.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:13 am

Roflmbo - can't use "a " yet

oh boy. I'll try harder.
Last edited by Sharon on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asc

Post by asc » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:08 pm

b = Image

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:20 pm

LOL I'd say he is communicating very clearly.

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:50 pm

Sharon wrote:LOL I'd say he is communicating very clearly.
LMFHO :) :)
Roflmbo ......FWICAWF .LOL.

QuillGordon

Post by QuillGordon » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:02 pm

I'm sorry.
Your a good sport Ezzy
Last edited by QuillGordon on Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:05 pm

Nice looking dog and I see he plays Scrabble. Would love to see what words he uses.

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:38 pm

Probably just started on the alphabet "a" ,some can't get passed IT.

asc

Post by asc » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:01 pm

QuillGordon wrote:I'm sorry.
Your a good sport Ezzy
Yes, you are. :)

asc

Post by asc » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:02 pm

Sharon wrote:LOL I'd say he is communicating very clearly.
That's the old gal(fixed).
These are the boys..

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:39 pm

Great lookers asc

asc

Re:

Post by asc » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:51 pm

birddog1968 wrote:Great lookers asc
Thank you, I might actually shoot a bird over them next fall :D .

asc

Post by asc » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:55 pm

ezzy333 wrote:Nice looking dog and I see he plays Scrabble. Would love to see what words he uses.
beehind,

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:56 pm

I've got one I've kind of neglected this year, we are about to get busy....sno daughter.

asc

Re:

Post by asc » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:41 pm

birddog1968 wrote:I've got one I've kind of neglected this year, we are about to get busy....sno daughter.
I'd like to see pics of her. My pups are Lancelot/Fibber cross, they work nice.
I got busy with my job in the fall(good year for stone crabs) but kept up with yardwork on the pups, started working with birds in Jan., I'm about out of birds now and it's getting warmer.
I'll work them on birds for about 3 more weeks then it's just running in the morning till next Nov.