New addition: French Brit puppy

Firelight

New addition: French Brit puppy

Post by Firelight » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:51 pm

We made a whirlwind trip down to Arizona last week to pick up our new puppy and even squeezed in a little hunting while there. This little gal is "Belle" (I know, a very over-used name but I think everyone needs a Belle at some point in their life and the ones I have met tend to be really good dogs.). She is cute and smart although she sure is more active than the ryman setter pups I have gotten used to. She almost evens up our French:English ratio of dogs. 8)

Belle loves "grandma" our 14 yr old setter.

The scenery in Arizona makes for a beautiful day hunting. We managed to find some birds but we failed to put any hurtin' on the population. It was fun to get away though for a few days.....returned home to a blizzard the next day.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Re: New addition: French Brit puppy

Post by RoostersMom » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:49 pm

And she has already been pre-trained on the "frog-leg pose." Awesome pics and a pretty little pup.

whatsnext

Post by whatsnext » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:03 pm

Cute pup where did you get him from?

grousetter

Post by grousetter » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:06 pm

"Belle" Good looking EB and the name has a nice ring to it!

I'm picking up a French Brittany later this spring and have been wundering what will happen when I introduce her to our current house princes a 7 year old Gordon Setter. I see your setter sleeping next to the pup, any suggestions for first introductions?

Thanks.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:08 pm

What a cutie!! I love those puppy pictures. Congrats!

Charlie

Firelight

Post by Firelight » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:39 pm

Whatsnext - Belle is from Sun Country Bretons. Corey x Ellie, both confirmed and both have MH, the Rice's work hard with their dogs.

Grousetter - these EB pups are really lively, my setters are a bit overwhelmed by her at this point. Right now we keep them pretty much separate and will ease her in. The setter in the pic is 14-1/2 and it seems that all puppies adopt her as grandma and love her. Keep an eye on your Gordon to see his/her reaction and go slow. The big dogs often don't realize how easily they can hurt these little whirlwind puppies. We use a crate to give the big dogs a break at times during the day. Pup will grow and they can all be together before we know it.

whatsnext

Post by whatsnext » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:55 pm

My pups grandparents are rosie and titus from sun country bretons, when I get another french britt they are one of the breeders I will try to get a pup from. Congrats on the new pup and keep us updated I am very curious to see how the pup does.

C.painter

Post by C.painter » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:48 pm

What a cute eb , welcome to the club!!!