Barking dog

pkbirdog

Barking dog

Post by pkbirdog » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:11 pm

How do I get my neighbors dog to stop barking at me?
I can't do anything in my yard without my neighbors dog trying to break down my fence to get to me. I have tried squirting water at it every time it barks with no success.
From what I can tell this dog gets almost no human interaction except for dinner time.
Any suggestions?

jack the dog

Re: Barking dog

Post by jack the dog » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:06 am

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:35 pm

I have the same situation. Neighbors have called "Animal Control ". I fed the dog a bit of dog bone after I had him sit and be quiet. Now he sits at the fence quietly waiting for more . Worked fine! :)
Last edited by Sharon on Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deke

Post by deke » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:47 pm

Same situation for me, neighbors dogs are locked in their back yard all day. They run up and down the fence so much they have a dirt trail, and they bark whenever I walk out my door, or let my dogs out. Finally decided enough was enough, tried to hit them with the hose but they soon figured that out. So I switched it up and started shooting roman candles at them. now everytime I walk outside they run for the hills. The key is to not actually shoot the dog ( that's illegal), but hit right infront of the fence, the light with a loud pop tends to get their attention.

fourtrax

Post by fourtrax » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:43 pm

Most dog problems are actualy owner / people problems.

Nutmeg247

Post by Nutmeg247 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:53 am

Sharon wrote:I have the same situation. Neighbors have called "Animal Control ". I fed the dog a bit of dog bone after I had him sit and be quiet. Now he sits at the fence quietly waiting for more . Worked fine! :)
This is pretty much what I do with my dog, when he's inside, to keep him from barking at people on the outside.