Pheasants Forever

landonman

Re: Pheasants Forever

Post by landonman » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:58 pm

I was in chapter 3 in mn and shocked when pf wanted to handle all our money for us. I think not! pf also wants to by land and it does. This takes it off the tax roll. We as pf members would be better off paying farmers more for marginal land and food plots. You pay a farmer well and he will remember you. By the way I would love to hunt with a great spinone. what do you say spinoneillinois

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:14 pm

I would personally think that the chance for abuse and mis-use of money is greater ina localchapter than a national organization.

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:51 pm

landonman wrote:I was in chapter 3 in mn and shocked when pf wanted to handle all our money for us. I think not! pf also wants to by land and it does. This takes it off the tax roll. We as pf members would be better off paying farmers more for marginal land and food plots. You pay a farmer well and he will remember you. By the way I would love to hunt with a great spinone. what do you say spinoneillinois
PF Nebraska DOES NOT control any money from our banquets other than the member ship fees we take in(must be a MN thing on the controlling of money??). Our chapter was donated 11 acres by Union Pacific---it is still on the tax rolls and we pay the property taxes on it. We have it in CRP grasses, but do not collect any money from the CRP farm program. Nebraska PF and the Nebraska Game & Parks pay a small amount to farmers in the CRP program that allow walk in hunters onto their CRP land. Our PF donates food plot seed(around $70 a bag our cost) to any farmer in our county that wants free seed for food plots/winter cover. We also have a no-till drill that farmers can rent($5 an acre--that pays for the upkeep on the $21,000 drill) to plant their CRP without disking. We also donate to the high school trap teams in the county that ask for help. We also run a youth/mentor hunt once a year for 16 to 20 kids that are 11 thru 15 years old. We do what we can to help out. :wink:

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:07 pm

Prolly saying that the money goes to National in the bank account - but we in the chapters know it's our own chapter account up there. We still keep control of all of those funds. And in most places, if a PF Chapter does buy ground (which is decided on by the individual chapter - not anyone at National) it is donated to a state agency to manage.

All of those decisions on where to spend every penny raised is kept with the local chapter. That's the beauty of the organization!