Anybody in The UK?

Frankug

Anybody in The UK?

Post by Frankug » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:39 am

Coming over there this Spring and wanted to try and connect with some of you guys. Wanted to know trial seasons and what not and hoping to see a spaniel trial when i am over there. I am coming to get a dog at a friends Kennel and wanted to learn more about Spaniels. Thanks.

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Re: Anybody in The UK?

Post by Trekmoor » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:01 am

Well there is me and there is Polmaise for a start . :D We both live in Scotland . I work my 3 cockers mainly as "picking-up" dogs while Robert (Polmaise) usually works his spaniels more at their proper jobs.

Britain has some very good spaniels and some very good spaniel trainers , I'm fairly sure one or two of them would be happy to let you see how they go about things.
This is my crew of spaniels.

You are too late to see a spaniel trial now unless you can go to watch a "rabbit only" trial . That kind of trial isn't too numerous however so it might be wise to time your visit for when one is taking place. I'd send you dates and places myself but I am hopeless on computers and don't have a clue how to do that. Maybe your friend in Britain could help ?

Bill T.

Frankug

Post by Frankug » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:20 am

Wonderful, hunted in Scotland before, mainly stags. Great people and great times. Great looking dogs too. I am out the door to go hunting but will be back around computer tomorrow evening. I am new to Cockers and coming over to meet and see Darren at Mole Mafau cockers. Just getting into it and wanted to learn all i can. I have a Cocker in training now with a pro but looking to pick up well bred female when there. I will be back in touch. Seen some rabbit work on line but would be cool to see in person. Thanks for Your Correspondence!
Frank

Frankug

Post by Frankug » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:13 pm

Alright back, I will try and post a few pics of hunting.
The Point.
photo.JPG
Can't seem to post video. Anyway here Spice is back at the wagon.
photo.JPG
Had cool video because she, "Spice", is super fast and fun to watch.
This how my parents use their 2 Cockers to pick up the birds post point and shot.
My Cocker: "Hank"
photo.jpg
I have Teckels as well. (Wirehaired Dachshunds) Few Pics to come.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Frankug

Post by Frankug » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:22 pm

My Teckels and Beagles on the way back to the truck.
photo.jpg
Opossum Death:
photo.JPG
Whiskey after going to ground:
photo.jpg
Opossums aren't the sought after game I tend to go after but the dogs were just having too much fun with it. I try and keep them focused on rabbits. I have tons of rabbits and it is great chase for the dogs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Frankug

Post by Frankug » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:41 pm

Two other Cockers, "Roper and Dally", One is an up and comer (black Roper) and the other is in the working rotation (Dally). These two are related to my Parents dogs but belong to their dog trainer.
photo.JPG
The English Cocker Spaniels have become quite popular with the southern style quail hunts here in the Southeastern United States. I don't feel this is all they are capable of but they do this job to perfection. We use to hunt for the bag but now we hunt to watch the Cockers. The breed has changed our enjoyment of our style of hunting.

Frankug

Post by Frankug » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:57 pm

My parents other dog "Cash", The Man In Black.
photo.jpg
We hardly ever take a motorized cart, as my parents are super traditional and we like to do it the way my great grandfather did it. Sorry its in this one.
photo.JPG
One of our little Stag, This one has nothing on Strothconnon Muir of Ord. This one also dodged a bullet this year.

C.H. Texas

Post by C.H. Texas » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:09 pm

Awesome pictures !