Missing titles on a certified pedigree

deseeker

Missing titles on a certified pedigree

Post by deseeker » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:06 am

On one of the breeder post Neil wrote "I will not accept a pedigree unless it is from the registering body, so titles are correct and not something made up". I did not want to side track that post, so I started a new on. I needed a 4 generation certified pedigree for my AKC master hunter britt. I knew what the pedigree was, but I needed a certified one. I paid AKC $32 for the pedigree. They sent me the pedigree---all the dogs were correct but they were missing 5 titles on the dogs (4 national or national ametuer titles and an FC title on a Hall of fame Brittany). I called AKC and told them my pedigree was missing titles. They questioned how I knew it was missing titles. I told them they were national titles and gave them the year they won. I also said a Hall of fame britt was missing his field title. They corrected all their mistakes on the new pedigree except for the Hall of fame dog---they said it was too old to find(FC Reed's Bo-Nine Max). I told them they could find it in the Brittany history books or the ABC website. They wouldn't change that. I wasn't billed for the second pedigree they corrected. But mainly what I wanted to say is AKC does miss some titles on their pedigrees. I think the only reason they changed the titles on the pedigree is because it is easy to check on national titles and prove AKC's pedigree wrong. AKC is right most of the time, but some times a breeder pedigree will be more accurate than AKCs. I'm just posting this so people compare certified pedigrees with what they get from the breeders. :roll:

Has any one else received an AKC pedigree missing some ACK titles or is it just my good luck :D
Last edited by deseeker on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:38 pm

I received one that was missing a NFC for Sanjo Sin City Slicker. I called and they corrected it and sent me a new one.

Doug

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Missing titles on a certified pedigree

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:34 pm

Yep..I have seen missing titles on dogs like Beans Blaze in a pedigree.