Looking for Brittany Breeder suggestions

skyehunter

Looking for Brittany Breeder suggestions

Post by skyehunter » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:51 am

I am beginning research to find a breeder for an American Brittany pup (female). I have read some of the other thread suggestions, yet I am aware suggestions change and come in the form of a PM. I am looking for:

1. Family friendly pup
2. Foot hunter primarily, field trials second (not interested in show) Hunting lines preferred
3. Primarily located on Western US to Central
3. Strong, confident pup
4. Upland emphasis

This will be an addition to the Britt I already have.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Re: Looking for Brittany Breeder suggestions

Post by Chukar12 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:39 am

Cool picture...what's your current dogs breeding?

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:39 am

I'd check with Knine or AZ Brittany Guy on this forum for breeders that are close to you.

madmurph

Post by madmurph » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:55 pm

You're in Arizona, so you don't have to look far:

http://www.kninebirddog.com/

skyehunter

Post by skyehunter » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:29 am

@ Chuckar12, His breeding is from a family in Flagstaff AZ that bred for hunting, not trials. Any relevant lineage is so far back I couldn't really claim them. Either way, he is my buddy, has won quite a few local club trials and placed in a Tournament of Champions this year. We managed to take the podium at a few NSTRA events as well. Hunts just right for me and wants nothing more than to make his daddy happy...we like him here...hopefully we will find him a sister wife :) A few other favorite pics of him...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:03 am

Nice looking dog Skye.

I’d recommend Mark Dinsmore /L’Etoile du Nord Kennels in Sykeston ND. Great guy,great dogs. On here his name is ohmymy111. Website below. My parents have a pup out of his Vern x Ardoise...she's a spark plug in the field but gentle as ever with the kids. She's a lover. Little clown. Tons of personality. Any questions let me know.

http://www.letoiledunordkennels.com/

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:21 am

Skye he sounds like a great dog with a great home, your pictures are very nice...congratulations. I am sure with your NSTRA experience you know how to contact Arlette and Nolan (his Montana summer camp is at least in the west for you) they usually have pups coming consistently. Ed Tillson and Jessica Carlson come out west, Ed lives in New Mexico and they have nice dogs being bred often and would recognize your needs; Google Tequila Kennels. Paul Doiron occasionally has a litter in Southern California I know he doesn't have any now but he does have a two year old male that is a foot hunting type he owns himself and would sell it to a solid hunting or field use home. I believe the dog has its AKC puppy and derby points. Broke to WSF if am not mistaken...would be force fetched this summer I am sure if it is still on his string, if you are interested in something like that PM me and I could tell you more. Good luck to you.

Joe G

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:28 pm

rkappes wrote:Nice looking dog Skye.

I’d recommend Mark Dinsmore /L’Etoile du Nord Kennels in Sykeston ND. Great guy,great dogs. On here his name is ohmymy111. Website below. My parents have a pup out of his Vern x Ardoise...she's a spark plug in the field but gentle as ever with the kids. She's a lover. Little clown. Tons of personality. Any questions let me know.

http://www.letoiledunordkennels.com/
Mark does have a super line of French Brittanys If I were to ever get in to the french line of Brittanys he is who I would go to.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:51 pm

Arlette run's her dog's in NSTRA. She's got several running horseback and walking trials also. And a number of them are shown. Something about the Britt people, they haven't made a distinction between show and field dog's, they're can normally go either way. If i were looking for a Britt, I have several sources I'd check up here. Near you the only one I'm aware of is K9, I've seen some of her's first hand and they are nice dog's. Another guy I'd check with if he's got anything coming on is Joe Gower, chukar 12. I've seen his too and they are really nice dogs. He's in No Cal.