Elhew Seahorse

Grousehunter123

Elhew Seahorse

Post by Grousehunter123 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:56 am

What can you tell me about his offspring? Thanks for your input.

Grousehunter123

Re: Elhew Seahorse

Post by Grousehunter123 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:39 am

Nobody?

Any info is appreciated.

mask

Post by mask » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:04 pm

I have a grandson of Seahorse that is the real deal. I hunt chukar in tough country and I can tell you every dog does not make a chukar dog. I hunted with my dogs father ( by Seahorse) and five brothers and sisters of my dog and there is not a bad one in the bunch although I do like some more than others. The father by Seahorse and his two brothers are very good in their own right. I don't take a dog unless I see at least one parent on wild birds. I got to hunt with both parents and they were beyond good. I'm sure it depends on what he is bred to but the little experience I've had has been excellent

Grousehunter123

Post by Grousehunter123 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:40 pm

mask wrote:I have a grandson of Seahorse that is the real deal. I hunt chukar in tough country and I can tell you every dog does not make a chukar dog. I hunted with my dogs father ( by Seahorse) and five brothers and sisters of my dog and there is not a bad one in the bunch although I do like some more than others. The father by Seahorse and his two brothers are very good in their own right. I don't take a dog unless I see at least one parent on wild birds. I got to hunt with both parents and they were beyond good. I'm sure it depends on what he is bred to but the little experience I've had has been excellent
Thanks for the nice info and endorsement.

Sire is Son of Slate Creek Doc...Elhew Seahorse is on top and bottom.

Jakezilla

Post by Jakezilla » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:06 pm

I bred to a son of Seahorse who is the real deal. The whole litter turned out great and all are natural bird dogs. I run the one I kept in coverdog trials and she can produce wild birds when other dogs struggle.