Cadens Bandit/ Highpoint Trudi litter

Sundby

Cadens Bandit/ Highpoint Trudi litter

Post by Sundby » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:49 pm

Hi guys, I'm new to this website and have been reading it for several months, I'm from North Dakota and I'm looking for a good pheasant hunting bird dog, I have had wirehairs in the past but now looking for a GSP puppy, I'm not real familiar with bloodlines or pedigrees, just what I have been reading for the last year, I'm interested in this litter Cadens Bandit/ Highpoints Trudi, will this be a good litter of pups? I am fortunate to hunt about 3 days a week and be able to have my dog with me everyday so I want a calm dog in the house, pickup, boat etc, I'm not involved in the field trials around here but thought I might try the local club if I had a good dog and maybe get more into it. I have talked with several breeders all over the US so I'm pretty familiar with the names, but trying to find a pup and have it ready for this fall is what I would like, if anyone has any information for me as far as this litter or litters coming up I would appreciate it, thank you very much!

Sundby

Re: Cadens Bandit/ Highpoint Trudi litter

Post by Sundby » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:56 am

image.jpg
[attachment=1]image.jpg[/attachment
Here's the pedigree for the litter..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tejas

Post by Tejas » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:36 pm

I have a three year old FC bitch sired by Bandit that is the most calm and well mannered GSP I have ever been around. I am familiar with my bitch's breeding as I bred her dam. I am not familiar with the dam of the litter you mention, but Bandit is very laid back when not at work himself. I would say from my observations the odds would be in your favor.

Sundby

Post by Sundby » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Thanks! Exact info I'm looking for, I appreciate it.

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:47 pm

Sundby, We considered Bandit as sire of Cages last litter and would still breed to Bandit. My only concern is will he produce the type of water I would want. As a field dog hands down. I would look to a bitch bred to Bandit with strong water ethics since your looking for a field water dog. Know nothing of the female of this litter.

lugmastro

Post by lugmastro » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:21 am

Ms. Cage wrote:Sundby, We considered Bandit as sire of Cages last litter and would still breed to Bandit. My only concern is will he produce the type of water I would want. As a field dog hands down. I would look to a bitch bred to Bandit with strong water ethics since your looking for a field water dog. Know nothing of the female of this litter.
Where does he say he is looking for a water dog? He said he pheasant hunts. The dog he is looking at looks fairly strong to me, with the stud being a very good dog and little being known about the bitch.

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:25 am

Look under his post bloodlines and conversations on the phone and e-mails. posted about 4 hours before this one.
Last edited by Ms. Cage on Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

lugmastro

Post by lugmastro » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:31 am

I retract my last comment. I did not tie the two posts together.

Sundby

Post by Sundby » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:03 pm

Yes I do want the dog to be strong in water , many of the birds we shoot do fall into the water, I assumed most dogs wouldn't have a problem with it..

lugmastro

Post by lugmastro » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:08 pm

GSP's can be hit or miss with water. I have one that likes and have had two that refused to go in.

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:39 pm

lugmastro wrote:GSP's can be hit or miss with water. I have one that likes and have had two that refused to go in.
That's why it's best to lean toward NAVHDA breedings. Lots of emphasis put on water work.