Quebec = NO ecollars or Prong collars

Del Lolo

Quebec = NO ecollars or Prong collars

Post by Del Lolo » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:11 am

Doc E just sent this to me:
I think it's noteworthy to those who live, or travel and hunt, in the province of Quebec that they have recently made the use of e-collars, or more specifically "any collar that causes pain or injury", illegal. Dog owners in Quebec caught using shock or prong collars will initially be given a warning, and subsequently issued heavy fines, no less than about $600 per incident.
The link to the actual government website that outlines the law is written in French. However this site http://dogingtonpost.com/quebec-bans-sh ... og-collars show excerpts from the policy and explains the law in English. FYI.

thelast2

Re: Quebec = NO ecollars or Prong collars

Post by thelast2 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:06 am

Ignorance at its finest. There is more physical damage done to dogs by the improper use of choke chain collars and regular flat collars for that matter. Yet they will continue to allow their use. Guessing there will be a rush on healing sticks and who knows what else as people look for alternative ways to reel in their unruly dogs. The e-collar and pinch collar when used properly are far more humane, than any of the alternatives. Guessing the dog trainers and local veterinarian's (quite possibly the only people with the knowledge to even speak on this subject) in that area weren't invited to an open forum to discuss this issue. Rather the animal rights activists screaming about cruelty with the usual uneducated propaganda were the only voices heard.

Jesse

HR SHR JR'S GUNNY DOG "ERMEY'
SR JR'S MARSH MANGLING MINDY
JR'S THICKET THRASHING TRIXIE

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:48 pm

This has been in the works for sometime. I think we have had discussion about it here on this forum but it was back several months. Too bad people can't leave decisions to the people who know what they are doing.

Ezzy

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:08 pm

No e collars , no headgear allowed on the heads of public employees and while they're at it, let's not be a province in Canada anymore - majority voting this way in the next election. That's Quebec and always has been since the 1800s.

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:15 pm

I wonder if Quebec has a Rob Ford and where he would stand on the e-collar question.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:30 pm

Vets? Really? The AVMA has spoken against shock devices and adversives in general several times in the past few years. Brtter wake up and smell the free trade sustainable rainforest friendly coffee.

thelast2

Post by thelast2 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:34 pm

Cajun Casey wrote:Vets? Really? The AVMA has spoken against shock devices and adversives in general several times in the past few years. Brtter wake up and smell the free trade sustainable rainforest friendly coffee.
While I am sure the majority of vets would no doubt oppose such devices. They are some of the most active animal rights activists, and sometimes they need to be heard. Just wish people could actually pass these laws with some real evidence, rather than hearsay or personal agenda. I was referencing any vet that I would be willing to take my 4 dogs to. I use several vets both of which have working dogs and will recommend such devices to there clients. Both will tell you as they have told me that they have seen more physical injury to dogs from improper uses of choke chain collars and flat collars alike. Both are ineffective for use on a dog who is constantly pulling the owner along. Often times harming the dog in the process as the dogs tend to pull harder against these collars.

Jesse

HR SHR JR'S GUNNY DOG "ERMEY'
SR JR'S MARSH MANGLING MINDY
JR'S THICKET THRASHING TRIXIE

Del Lolo

Post by Del Lolo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:37 am

Sharon wrote:............. let's not be a province in Canada anymore - majority voting this way in the next election.
I think that would be an excellent idea.............. Of course, then, the US would give them a few Billion $ to help out a "new democratic country".