nstra

greg jacobs

nstra

Post by greg jacobs » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:19 pm

Went to a local nstra trial yesterday. I have never tested or been to a trial of any sort. After lurking for the last 9 months I decided to go watch a few different venues. So I found a nearby nstra trial here in eastern wa. My son and I had a great time. We talked to several people at the trial and over on the fun trial course. Everyone was really friendly and gave us a lot of information. We even talked to two of the judges for a while. One of them went over and talked to the next brace and got permission for me to ride along on the gator while he was judging. He talked to me a lot telling me what he was looking for and seeing. What they were signaling to him, the do's and don't. Way more than I ever expected. Had a great time. If anyone knows of anything else in eastern wa that we could go watch that would be great. I have found the navhda schedule and will go to one of their test days soon.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:36 pm

Great folks in shoot to retrieve.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: nstra

Post by DonF » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:10 am

greg jacobs wrote:Went to a local nstra trial yesterday. I have never tested or been to a trial of any sort. After lurking for the last 9 months I decided to go watch a few different venues. So I found a nearby nstra trial here in eastern wa. My son and I had a great time. We talked to several people at the trial and over on the fun trial course. Everyone was really friendly and gave us a lot of information. We even talked to two of the judges for a while. One of them went over and talked to the next brace and got permission for me to ride along on the gator while he was judging. He talked to me a lot telling me what he was looking for and seeing. What they were signaling to him, the do's and don't. Way more than I ever expected. Had a great time. If anyone knows of anything else in eastern wa that we could go watch that would be great. I have found the navhda schedule and will go to one of their test days soon.
Last Sat in April is the Wash Irish Field trial. Will be near Sunnyside on the Anderson Ranch. Walking Shooting Dog, Walking derby and probably a Walking Puppy. Super bunch there, laid back and good time. You can walk as many brace's as you want. I'm going just to take photo's, I'm growing addicted to the trial. Two people to contact here for it. Craig O'Brien, Red Delicious, and Fran Seagren. I know how to get to the grounds but wouldn't give very good direction's. Craig is in Yakima.