for those of you that have the garmin alpha...

natel24

for those of you that have the garmin alpha...

Post by natel24 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:49 pm

For those of you with the garmin alpha I am in need of some help. I am seriously considering purchasing this in a two dog combo and was wondering what is your favorite thing about it and what's your least favorite thing? And was the purchase worth the extra money? My current sport dog model is the el cheapo model and is about six years old and I will be getting a new puppy next month so I'm in the market. I mainly hunt pheasant in the same few areas, hit the preserves a half dozen times a year and take one trip a year. ThAnks in advance.

Jaggerbush

Re: for those of you that have the garmin alpha...

Post by Jaggerbush » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:00 pm

There are many things that I like about the alpha. For me I like the on point and tracking, The one thing that drives me crazy is when the handheld is locked and attached to my belt it hits my leg and beeps. This happens all the time. I am going to try to attach it to my vest this year. If you don't lock it, your setting could get changed up and you not realize it.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Re: for those of you that have the garmin alpha...

Post by Neil » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:26 pm

Since I don't even have a smart phone my comments might not be important to those that are more technologically inclined.

Most every piece of electronics I have owned has had to be serviced or replaced at the 3 year mark or before, the exceptions have been my TriTronics Pro 500 and Garmin Astro. Still I do not like the idea of having them combinned. If either malfunctions I can repair or replace it and still run the other. I also prefer the manual, tactile feel of the TriTronics and the simplicity of the Astro.

But I have confidence in both company's products and was pleased when Garmin acquired T-T. So I would think the Alpha will be fine for those comfortable with more modern equipment.