Multiple Dog Hunt

Ez4

Multiple Dog Hunt

Post by Ez4 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:58 am

For those who hunt or have hunted multiple dogs at once. What roles for dogs did you feel worked out best in combination?

Two versatile working together? A setter and a retriever each tackling their more specific functions. Etc.

I have gone out for quail with one GSP and three labs and it generally worked out just fine. I have also done pheasant with a Chessie and a GWP as well. Would like to see a good spaniel in the field, just haven't had the opportunity yet. I am curious what experiences others have had, what worked, what didn't? Those who feel they can help me refine the question go for it.

UglyD

Re: Multiple Dog Hunt

Post by UglyD » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:23 pm

I run two versatiles- works out fine (Chucks,grouse & Pheasants ) - Buddy runs a Drat and a Lab- as good of a combo as I've have witnessed hunting Pheasants in the tules .

Grange

Post by Grange » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:27 pm

For me it's my lab and my setter. Works great though my lab is getting old so I'm unfortunately going to have to cut back on her outings.

This is from yesterday. It's my lab backing/honoring my setter's point of a woodcock.

deke

Post by deke » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:43 am

We hunt labs and springers together all the time for pheasants, works like a charm.