Looking for versatile dog trainer.

VersatileDD

Looking for versatile dog trainer.

Post by VersatileDD » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:32 pm

Hey everyone like the title says im looking for trainer for my deutsch drahthaar. I got into a serious motorcycle accident and suffered a brocken hip, left knee tendons torn, along with a broken right thumb. Doctors say I wont be walking for about a year but could be less time. My dog just turned 4months and would really like to get him to a trainer ASAP. I would like to send him to a trainer that wont charge me a arm and a leg since I will be out of work for a long time. A local trainer would be nice to so I wont have to pay for flying the puppy over but if I have my wife will handle that. I live in Southern California and looking for a trainer to house my dog to get as much training for him as possible. If anyone has a good recommendation please let me thnx.

VersatileDD

Re: Looking for versatile dog trainer.

Post by VersatileDD » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:41 pm

happy to be alive[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1397277695966.jpg[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

muleskinner

Post by muleskinner » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:41 am

TKO outfitters out of Phoenix area...Ed Rucker and his wife do a great job...I bought a fully trained dog from them and i'm making arrangements to send my 4 mo old GSP over there soon.

Rod W

Post by Rod W » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:07 am

You have my prayers for a full recovery and a good trainer. I have been in nearly the same situation, no broken bones, just a broken cranium. Any pictures of the DD ?

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:16 am

Yikes, man! Glad you made it. Sorry you are on the other side of the States from me so I don't know too many trainers over that way. Had a buddy who had an accident cutting trees and crushed his pelvis, fractured spine and broken femur. They said he would take at least a year to be walking, but with some serious hard work and determination and the Grace of God, he shaved it to about 7 months.
Hope your recovery is a fast and your out hunting again next season maybe.

VersatileDD

Post by VersatileDD » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:32 am

Rod W wrote:You have my prayers for a full recovery and a good trainer. I have been in nearly the same situation, no broken bones, just a broken cranium. Any pictures of the DD ?
Thank you. A broken cranium sounds pretty bad.[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1397313037218.jpg[/attachment]

He was younger in this pick.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VersatileDD

Post by VersatileDD » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:36 am

mountaindogs wrote:Yikes, man! Glad you made it. Sorry you are on the other side of the States from me so I don't know too many trainers over that way. Had a buddy who had an accident cutting trees and crushed his pelvis, fractured spine and broken femur. They said he would take at least a year to be walking, but with some serious hard work and determination and the Grace of God, he shaved it to about 7 months.
Hope your recovery is a fast and your out hunting again next season maybe.
Well if its worth it I have no problem flying the dog to the other side of the country. Wow that sounds ruff, I hope to make it in less time but will see. Thank you for the good wishes.

art hubbard

Post by art hubbard » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:03 pm

Carl Porter, Apple Valley, CA---www.huntingdogtrainer.com-- Super good dog man & trainer. Tell him you talked to Art Hubbard up in Idaho. Good luck.....

codym

Post by codym » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:12 pm

For versatile dogs I dont think there is a better trainer (PO) then Terry Chandler in NM. I ve seen him do awesome things with Wiems and Vizslas. Good luck with your recovery.

lahunter562

Post by lahunter562 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:24 pm

In southern Cali, you have couple people that have and train DD. Bob Worrell in Lockwood valley off HWY 138 and westmark kennels, Raffi can also help with people that train them fuzz faces. These guys train at Prado off HWY 71, just about every Saturday or Sunday. They belong to www.socalnavhda.com . One step at the time and get well soon muchacho. Mucha suerte!!!! Si senor.....

RCB

Post by RCB » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:49 pm

I recommend Larry Lowell of Lowell Gundogs in Phelan Ca, Hesperia area. He trains all the versatile breeds and has a great training program. He is a good guy that does whatever it takes to meet all of his client's needs.