TEAM TRAD

Irishwhistler

TEAM TRAD

Post by Irishwhistler » Thu May 08, 2014 5:19 pm

Here's a photo of me new pup TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN TRAD ( call name TRAD), the photo was taken In November of 2013. I acquired TRAD from a breeding by Haynes and Colleen Floyd of Double TT British Kennels in Sylvia, Kansas. TRAD was sired by HRCH UH CRAIGHORN KIFFIN MH and is out of dam FTW LEAWYN LAINNE TARA.

I got TRAD about a month and one half after losing my gundog AKC WILDROSE CAYDEN JH, SH to a totally unexpected and very sudden death. Needless to say, I was crushed at the loss of a truly outstanding gun dog and companion in Cayden.

TRAD is coming along nicely and is well at home in the gunning fields after an early and ongoing program of exposure that started the moment I got him on 10/24/13. Lot's of socialization and trips afield, he joined us to set up for hunts and for the break down of our decoy rigs at the end of each hunt. Lot's of exposure to calls, decoys, blinds, trucks, ATV's / GATOR, dead birds, farm equipment and livestock, etc. He was crated and in my SUV an appropriate distance from any gunfire prior to starting a program of conditioning for gunfire.

TRAD is now weighing in at 72 pounds and is currently 8 months old and is now being "FORCE FETCH" conditioned, that is going along well. He has had exposure to cold and live gamebirds ( is highly bird driven ), is swimming nicely, is almost finished with gunfire conditioning ( no aversion demonstrated ), is collar conditioned and has been through formal obedience. i am retired so he is with me pretty much 24/7 so there are ample opportunities for those many teachable moments. He has been highly socialized as I frequently work with him in settings that provide distractice training venues while optimizing opportunities for social contact.

I plan to work TRAD to competency as both a waterfowl and upland hunter, a Hunt Test athlete, and likely to guide clients of several guide services over. TRAD is showing enormous potential and I have very high hopes for him.

Above photo is AKC WILDROSE CAYDEN JH, SH. Cayden's last retrieve of an Atlantic Brant during our last hunt together on the frigid waters of Long Island Soumd in January of 2013. Cayden passed on 9/3/13 and I miss him more than words could ever adequately express.

Slainte Mates,
IRISHWHISTLER

GunDogAdventures

Re: TEAM TRAD

Post by GunDogAdventures » Fri May 09, 2014 8:07 am

You honor Cayden with the thoroughness you are giving Trad. Good luck in all your adventures with your new hunting partner!

Irishwhistler

Re: TEAM TRAD

Post by Irishwhistler » Fri May 09, 2014 10:53 am

GunDogAdventures wrote:You honor Cayden with the thoroughness you are giving Trad. Good luck in all your adventures with your new hunting partner!
Thanks much Mate. I forwarded an email to ye and an expression of my gratitude for ye very kind comments on both TRAD and CAYDEN.

Slainte,
IRISHWHISTLER