Made the plunge**

powbass@gmail.com

Made the plunge**

Post by powbass@gmail.com » Wed May 21, 2014 3:02 pm

I went out, up to SoDak and picked up a new GWP, Not quite .8 weeks old. This a replacement of the guy that died of bloat. It's been so long that I am not sure how much and what brand to feed him, I brought a bag of Purina ProPlan puppy food and been giving him a couple hand full 3 times a day. I don't think I am over feeding him, I was unable to find what the breeder was feeding, puppy chow I think,real small pieces,I have had the pup 4 days and the poop looks normal. He doesn't seem to be a chow hound, but really a live wire, Both my arms have been bloodied playing with him. Would a change in food slow him down? I have been sleeping on the couch so I could put him out every couple hours. This is getting old. We are doing the crate training thing. So far it seems to be working. Moved him into a large crate that I took the door off and placed it up against the doggy door. Hope it works,tonight. Outside the doggy door is a regular paved kennel. He sure is vocal. hope I don't hear from the neighbors. Comments more than welcome.

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: Made the plunge**

Post by shags » Wed May 21, 2014 3:38 pm

If there aren't puppy pictures, how do we know there's a puppy? :lol:

Post some, please :D

powbass@gmail.com

Post by powbass@gmail.com » Wed May 21, 2014 5:06 pm

Show me how to post pictures. or tell me how

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Wed May 21, 2014 5:42 pm

You can open an account at one of the sites like Photobucket and upload your photos from your computer to that account. For Photobucket, you'll then have a "library". The pics show up as little thumbnails. Click on the one you want to post. Now you should see a large version of it. And to its right, a few options for sharing. Click on img then copy the whole line of letters. Then paste that into your post. Before you submit the post you might want to click the preview button to see if your photo needs to be resized - some on here are waaaay too big. To resize, IIRC, you can do an edit of your photo at the Photobucket page.

I hope you can figure it out, those little scruffy pups are the bomb :lol:

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed May 21, 2014 9:51 pm

powbass@gmail.com wrote:I went out, up to SoDak and picked up a new GWP, Not quite .8 weeks old. This a replacement of the guy that died of bloat. It's been so long that I am not sure how much and what brand to feed him, I brought a bag of Purina ProPlan puppy food and been giving him a couple hand full 3 times a day. I don't think I am over feeding him, I was unable to find what the breeder was feeding, puppy chow I think,real small pieces,I have had the pup 4 days and the poop looks normal. He doesn't seem to be a chow hound, but really a live wire, Both my arms have been bloodied playing with him. Would a change in food slow him down? I have been sleeping on the couch so I could put him out every couple hours. This is getting old. We are doing the crate training thing. So far it seems to be working. Moved him into a large crate that I took the door off and placed it up against the doggy door. Hope it works,tonight. Outside the doggy door is a regular paved kennel. He sure is vocal. hope I don't hear from the neighbors. Comments more than welcome.
LOL You got a pup. No , a change in food will not slow him down. :) Exercise will help a lot.... not walking around the kennel, but moving in the fields.

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Thu May 22, 2014 8:53 am

Sharon is correct, but if your "arms are bloodied", do his toenails. You have to eventually and it won't get easier by ignoring it. You will need to groom the dog (to whatever level you think appropriate), so just teach him to stand still for ten seconds (to start with) while you brush him. An investment in a grooming table is a good idea. And teach him sit or "knock it off" (my command) for when he gets out of control.

Good breed. Good choice. Start no (or very mild) correction high-praise training. Very short frequent sessions. He's a puppy, so don't expect much, but he will surprise you.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Thu May 22, 2014 12:14 pm

Grooming Stormy's toe nails wouldn't have helped a thing. Needed to pull his teeth! Kinda cool having your arms all chewed up. People are sympathetic as can be and are going to ask what happened. Then the door is open to talk about your pup all you want! You really do have a pup? We haven't seen a photo at all.

Rod W

Post by Rod W » Thu May 22, 2014 1:16 pm

Good Choice!!!!!!!!! You got to love those Joyman dogs with za beard !!

powbass@gmail.com

Post by powbass@gmail.com » Tue May 27, 2014 1:05 pm

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Tue May 27, 2014 5:01 pm

OK, so now we have proof of an actual puppy! :lol: :lol:

Nice pup; best wishes for a lot of fun together.

A suggestion, when you want to post a photo instead of a link, choose the photo you want and then to the right of it, where there are the options for sharing, choose IMG. Copy that, then paste it into your post. Like magic, all those letters and numbers turn into a picture :) you might want to click 'preview' before you actually post, to make sure your photo isn't too large. If it is, go back to Photobucket, choose your photo, and click 'edit' above it. That will give you an option to resize. Plug in smaller numbers and there ya go.