Storing the training stuff

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:07 pm

I have ecollars, box launchers, dummy launchers, leashes, check cords, placeboards.... You know the drill, I am sure.
My spouse is about to run me out... And I have this pile/ corner of room that is always rearranged and a mess. Show me some ideas. I am fixing up my "dog room" but we don't have power out there so the launchers/collars have to charge inside for now.

dakotagun

Re: Storing the training stuff

Post by dakotagun » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:11 am

Hope to see some ideas, too. Recently saw in a friends garage how they did it - like a series of smaller cubbies made of wood and hung on a wall; looked like those plastic parts storage bins stacked one on another, only larger to accommodate dummies, collars, etc.

Putt4Doe

Post by Putt4Doe » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:04 pm

I keep pretty much everything either on the wall or in plastic totes with labels on it.

RichK

Post by RichK » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:24 pm

Funny you mentioned this.

I was just thinking today that I need to build a tack room in the shop for my dog stuff.

Maybe I'll get motivated in the next week to get started on it.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:57 pm

I'm in the same boat as Rich. I'm re-purposing our large barn for my husband's new workshop for his 40th birthday (surprise). The more time I'm spending out there, the more I want to have a dedicated space out there for my training supplies. I bet I can convince him to build me cubbys for my stuff once he gets his workshop. Would love to see others' photos of how they store stuff - I'm getting a lot of "bulk" now - with launchers, tie-outs, extra crates and all.

Max2

Post by Max2 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:51 am

Here is something I built .You have kennel to right with storage room to left. In this case a woodshed but could easily be made in to room for dog equipment.

Max2

Post by Max2 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:51 am

Here is something I built .You have kennel to right with storage room to left. In this case a woodshed but could easily be made in to room for dog equipment.

RichK

Post by RichK » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:33 am

Max2 wrote:Here is something I built .You have kennel to right with storage room to left. In this case a woodshed but could easily be made in to room for dog equipment.
I love it. I'm planning to leave NY and head west within two years but once I get settled I'm going to build something like this.