Lost Pudelpointer

TopofaHill

Lost Pudelpointer

Post by TopofaHill » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:34 pm

I regret that this is my first post but am looking for the best dog I've ever owned. My Pudelpointer spooked from fireworks and slipped out of the house this last weekend and we haven't seen her since. If anyone from the Boise/Kuna area hears or sees anything, I'd like to hear from you. Wish I would have been much more attentive to the article from Gun Dog Supply when I first saw it a year ago. Don't ever take fireworks and dogs for granted!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Lost Pudelpointer

Post by Sharon » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:40 pm

I am so sorry . Prayers for a quick return of your dog.

mtlhdr

Post by mtlhdr » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:03 pm

I just cross posted this to versatiledogs.com. Best of luck in finding your dog.

M1Tanker

Post by M1Tanker » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:41 pm

Get this on Facebook. Is the dog microchipped?

gsp-fan

Post by gsp-fan » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:13 pm

I have posted a few places on FB for him - just waiting for some more info

TopofaHill

Post by TopofaHill » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm

Thanks for the input and suggestions. I saw the post on Versatiledogs.com and will request access so I can answer the location question there. I lost her out near Kuna Butte, between Bennett/Robinson and Kuna Rd's. I've posted her on facebook and someone else offered to do the same. Also posted signs, checking the shelters regularly, and used every media outlet (newspapers, craigslist, automated phone calls, contact with vets) I could find in the Treasure Valley. We did not have her chipped and I do not know why we didn't do that when we got her spayed and after several visits to the vet. Again, thanks for the help and the best wishes!

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:38 pm

Posted the area on vdogs for ya.
Good luck.
Greg J

CCBIRDDOGMAN

Post by CCBIRDDOGMAN » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:58 am

Sorry to hear this, did she have a collar with name plate??

TopofaHill

Post by TopofaHill » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:05 pm

She did have a collar with a getmehome.com tag (name, website, contact info), but we could not find the collar when we left Utah for my mother's place this weekend. Ironically, my mother found the collar in her own lost and found AFTER we left that weekend! We must have left it there when I visited a few weeks earlier. I'm really beating myself up for not practicing better judgement on this whole thing. She is not usually skiddish with people, but the exact opposite. My guess is that she found the first person and safe haven she could and attached herself. She is truly a sweetheart and easily liked and IMO a beast for her age, in the field. She'll make friends with anyone, which doesn't help matters. She is just over one year old, my phone number is 801-678-7237, and I'm offering a $100.00 reward and her name is Ida. I'd offer much more, but not sure if that helps all that much more. Additionally, I purchased all the bells and whistles that go with the ads for the papers/online notices and my street postings are done with photo paper, so there is no mistaking what she looks like. I think it really depends on how much someone is willing to give her back or not. I can see the unscrupulous type wanting to hold on to a trained dog. Hope this answers the questions I've been getting. Again, thanks for your help and support.