Which Collar?

MSU Aggie

Which Collar?

Post by MSU Aggie » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:50 am

I have just bought my first GSP, and I am needing some help. I am needing a new multi-dog collar system and I was wondering what everyone is using? I will be running a lab and the GSP alternately while upland hunting/guiding, and I would like to have one transmitter for both dogs. I do need a beeper collar for the GSP, as she will be used in large CRP fields , but not for the lab. I currently have a Dogtra collar however its not multi-dog. I am open to every option at this time, even good used units.

GSP923

Re: Which Collar?

Post by GSP923 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:11 pm

I had a Dogtra just like you did and just got the Tri Tronics/ Garmin Pro 550 about a month and a half ago. I love the new 550. The dogtra collar was nice and worked just fine but I wanted the bark limiter, multi dog feature and to control the transmitter without taking my eyes off the dog. The collar has preformed flawless so far. Has been through the mud and water quite a bit. My GSP spends a lot of time in the water especially during the summer time and haven't had a single problem. I know a month and half isn't very long but I think my dog has put it through a pretty good test so far. The collar battery lasts just about twice as long as my dogtra did which is great. The transmitter fits great in my hand and is awesome to be able to watch the dog and control the collar. The one thing I thought I wouldn't use very much was the lights on the collar but as it turns out its probably the thing I use the most very nice to be able to see where my dog is at all times with the lights at night. I am very happy with it so far.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:13 pm

Tri-tronics collars have worked for me for the past 14 years. Love them. Have a multi-dog system myself (three) and it works well.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:26 pm

T-t Garmin

CCBIRDDOGMAN

Post by CCBIRDDOGMAN » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:06 pm

Been using DT systems for over 20 years I do not have one complaint. Check out the h20 series.

MSU Aggie

Post by MSU Aggie » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:10 am

Thanks guys, I am leaning toward Tri-Tronics upland special.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:26 pm

I use a Dogtra 2500 trainer/ locator. No complaints.

http://shop.dogtra.com/2500t-b-training-and-beeper/