Rabies near Medford, nj

jcbuttry8

Rabies near Medford, nj

Post by jcbuttry8 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:43 am

Hello all,

I know this will pertain to only a few on here but there was a warning posted yesterday that a kitten had been diagnosed with rabies off of rout 541 and 70 in medford. Thats just a few miles from the english setter club. There have been a few instances of raccoon attacks on animals as well in the area. Just thought id post this for anyone running dogs there.

Now since i brought this up i will ask. Have been spending quite a bit of time there and have my new pup thanks to doco. Ill load pics soon but he is 10 weeks old and everything ive read says 12 to 16 weeks before a rabies vac can be given. Has anyone treated earlier than that. Can a smaller dose be given or just ride it out.

Joe.

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Re: Rabies near Medford, nj

Post by RayGubernat » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:32 pm

Hey Joe -

how is it going? the fall trials will be here soon...thank goodness.

I cannot answer your question. Sorry. I personally would not be overly concerned, given the nature of the setter club. Any critter(4 legged) observed to be acting abnormally will be noted, reported and dealt with. Can't say that about the 2 legged critters that frequent the place. One would have to be really unlucky to even come across a rabid or distemper animal. But then if it was not for bad luck, I would have no luck at all. You know how that goes. :lol:

This site was brought to my attention on a chat board. thought it might be a good opportunity to pass it on.

http://www.wormsandgermsmap.com/

RayG

marysburg

Re: Rabies near Medford, nj

Post by marysburg » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:33 am

That is a very interesting link Ray, thanks for posting it.