Import breeder info

tfbirddog2

Import breeder info

Post by tfbirddog2 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:19 pm

Looking to find breeders to import a pup from or breeders that have imported dam and sire and have litters from time to time. Any info would be appreciated!

Munster

Re: Import breeder info

Post by Munster » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:53 pm

I am assuming that you are talking about GSP's?

Are you looking for how to find a breeder that you can work with? ANd what country. More information would help. I could mybe put you in contact with DK owners and breeders.

tfbirddog2

Post by tfbirddog2 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:00 pm

Yes sorry GSPs thanks been looking that route too, just don't if anyone here had used anyone and had good luck..

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:39 am

http://www.nadkc.org/deutsch_kurzhaar_breeders.htm
A list of dk breeders. Riverwood goes to Germany and does well in testing. Trocken bach here in wa has ks titled stock. A local breeder has imported several dogs and pups from irbis here on gdf. She responds quickly if you email her. She is in romania. She has a couple pups for sale. Check on dogs for sale here. She ships them all around the world and everything goes fine. I thought I was interested in a dk so I went to a testing day and also checked out the local breeder and watched his dogs work. There are also breeders that outcross gsp's to dk's or have back in their lines.

GSP7

Post by GSP7 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:27 pm

Im a DK owner

I did a lot of research.

Do your own research. Talk to All of the DK breeder and form your own opinion.

I also researched kennels in germany and europe areas. There are some very old kennel names, breeders names and history to be learned if you realy get into it

A couple people realy helped me point me to up coming litter of what I was looking for

Remember, just looking at pictures of dogs is deceiving .

I had an all german bred pup in 1986 before the NADKC was formed,

Last year I decided to go with a Duestch Kurshaar again

Mine is 14 months old now and I am extremly pleased with him.

Feel free to PM me

Your in Kansas, there is a guy in nebraska that has breed DKs, that had good referrals

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:22 pm

Go to dogs for sale on the forum. Topic 2 Hege-Haus blood male pups

northshore

Post by northshore » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:58 am

Agree, do some research based on your particular criteria. I was spoiled by my Dolf KS vom Wittekind grandson and found that when a DK known for outstanding field ability was bred to field/show NZ champions I got strong work with good range and intensive points. Super smart as are many of the European dogs, and when we entered him in his first AKC conformation show at 7 1/2 years old he won Best of Winners (major).

So my criteria: DK blood with strong KS lineage bred to a dual champion line with strong point. I want a dog with stamina, and one that I can pick up his whole life, so prefer under 65lbs. As you research DK's, you will find many males are reaching 80lbs. which are not as well suited for hours of upland hunting.

Each country develops somewhat of their own GSP though not as strongly as the US variants. I finally found a breeder familiar with both US and European lines, and one that sees a enough dogs to select a breeding that fits my criteria. I am getting a puppy out of DK Bona's Kennels at North Judson, IN. http://www.bonaskennels.com

The owner moved from Europe to the US in 2001 and brought 5 dogs with him. He has DK's crossed with both European and US lines. Mine will be sired by a DK (German import), out of Ungaro KS vom Hege-Haus. Dam side descends from Bona (his foundation), and Balzac out of a French dual champion line.

Depending on your criteria some of the other kennel suggestions may be more suitable but there some very good DK breeders right here in the US. I believe that Frank at Trocken Bach and Herb at vom Pach-Haus http://www.vompach-haus.com will both be attending the Kleeman this October.