Semi Predator Proof JH & Pigeon House.

hi-tailyn

Post by hi-tailyn » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:53 pm

Been having problems with opossums, skunks and sm raccoons getting into pigeon house and opossums, and skunks into JH. :evil:

Another trial and error in using different fences around JH and pigeon house to keep varmint out.

Been using 2x4" fence wire for about a year now on the JH and has totally eliminated all but a weasel from getting into the JH. Quail very easily walk right through the wires and leave the predators behind. 8)
Quail Recall-web.jpg
Used the same wire out in front of the pigeon trap door and it has stopped the nightly raid of the pigeons. Something was leaving carcasses everywhere. :evil:

Left 1" or so upright and then cut every other verticle wire making 4x4" openings that the pigeons go through with out any problem, then through the regular trap bobs. I had a aviary with trap door on the front with landing board out front. I moved trap door to inside of aviary and put the 4x4" wire on the front replacing where the trap was. So far it works great and should keep all out but weasels, and should confuse a coopers hawk enough to keep most of them out too. :D :D
Pigeon opening-1-web.jpg
Pigeon opening-2-web.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

scsims

Post by scsims » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:42 pm

I have always just shut the entry doors in the evening.

hi-tailyn

Re: Semi Predator Proof JH & Pigeon House.

Post by hi-tailyn » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:52 pm

Don't have that luxury.
Both JH and pigeons are 30 min outside of town. Can't make 2 trips when training.

Sometimes I don't make it out there for 2 wks. All have 30lb bulk feeders and 30 gal waters.